Locale at end of page.

Issues & Bug Reports

Found 5 posts - Go to Last Post

Hi GTN people,
Just noticed at the end of the page, there is Australia and the flag of USA.
I am guessing this is based on the setting for game releases (as I have this set as Australia).
Would be a good idea to update the flag to the actual AU flag - or remove it all together.

- Just changed it to United Kingdom and the flag stays as USA as well.
Hi GTN people,
Just noticed at the end of the page, there is Australia and the flag of USA.
I am guessing this is based on the setting for game releases (as I have this set as Australia).
Would be a good idea to update the flag to the actual AU flag - or remove it all together.

- Just changed it to United Kingdom and the flag stays as USA as well.
Originally Posted by redknightnz81

Can I get a bit more detail, I'm not exactly sure where or what your talking about. Are you talking about the end of your page at the bottom? OR under your name as country of origin? Thanks!
I tested what he was talking about. Scroll to the bottom of ANY page. You will see a USA Flag (and since you are in the US I will assume) next to the words United States near the bottom right corner of the web page.

United States is a link to your personal site settings page, specifically the Region of games you want to use for your new game portal. No matter what you select (US, Europe, Japan, Aus), the flag remains USA will the words next to it (for the link) will reflect the region you selected.

So, it is not exactly clear what the flag is representing. Based on location on the page, it would seem to reflect that select. But, it does not.

I also tried changing my timezone setting while also adjusting my game region. This also had no effect on the flag icon.
Image below should explain it.
It is the the flag / country at the very end of (every?) page.
I've changed the opacity / made a border around it so stands out a bit more in image below.

This is the section in the user profile that changes the country.
Change it to Australia and the country changes, but flag stays as USA, same with Europe.
Last edited 06-16-2014 at 05:56 AM by redknightnz81.
Ah, see I'm still learning stuff here too... Nice eye! Well I could give you a bs answer about how the USA is the host country for the site and that's why it shows the flag, but that might not be true...so... I'm gonna have to refer to our top programmer for this one.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account