× 1 (2.86%) San Jose Sharks

× 2 (5.71%) Chicago Blackhawks

× 1 (2.86%) Nashville Predators

× 0 (0%) Philadelphia Flyers

× 1 (2.86%) Minnesota Wild

× 3 (8.57%) New York Islanders

• Added 04-18-2016 02:39 AM
  • 35 votes
This guy sums up how I've felt what I hear from other people, read online, despite Lightning bringing the Pens to elimination game, they're Pens are still favored... At least it's by not as much I guess...

http://thehockeywriters.com/tampa-ba...key+Writers%29
This guy sums up how I've felt what I hear from other people, read online, despite Lightning bringing the Pens to elimination game, they're Pens are still favored... At least it's by not as much I guess...

http://thehockeywriters.com/tampa-ba...key+Writers%29
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Yup. Until they win it all, probably won't change much. Always been harder for the expansion teams to get any kind of respect, unlike the original 6's, or even the teams that came in the late 60's.
Murray back in net tonight for the Pens. I really don't know what to expect. I didn't think they gave him a fair shot by putting Fleury in net Sunday. Either way they created a no win situation with their goalie choices.
Murray back in net tonight for the Pens. I really don't know what to expect. I didn't think they gave him a fair shot by putting Fleury in net Sunday. Either way they created a no win situation with their goalie choices.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Yeah, that's why I always question those moves. Can undermine a young goalie's confidence a little bit, and now he's got to go back in and feel like it's all on him, do or die. If they kept Fleury on the bench, Murray knows if he struggles he's got Fleury there to back him up, and doesn't feel as much pressure.

Allen let in 4 goals on 25 shots vs SJ last night. Now they've got the same issue. Back to Elliott after pulling him out for 2 games, or stay with Allen? That's why I always say you never switch goalies unless one crashes and burns. It's one thing to pull a guy during the game if your team's sucking to give the team a kick in the butt, but once you start the other guy it can get messy.
Yeah, that's why I always question those moves. Can undermine a young goalie's confidence a little bit, and now he's got to go back in and feel like it's all on him, do or die. If they kept Fleury on the bench, Murray knows if he struggles he's got Fleury there to back him up, and doesn't feel as much pressure.

Allen let in 4 goals on 25 shots vs SJ last night. Now they've got the same issue. Back to Elliott after pulling him out for 2 games, or stay with Allen? That's why I always say you never switch goalies unless one crashes and burns. It's one thing to pull a guy during the game if your team's sucking to give the team a kick in the butt, but once you start the other guy it can get messy.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
So he puts up a great game and all is well, they lose and he's a head case?! Thanks Coach... He'll probably be fine... It'll come down to how the other players on the ice play. Murray or Vasy are not still not on the same level as Bishop or Fleury at full health...
So he puts up a great game and all is well, they lose and he's a head case?! Thanks Coach... He'll probably be fine... It'll come down to how the other players on the ice play. Murray or Vasy are not still not on the same level as Bishop or Fleury at full health...
Who's a head case? I never said that at all. If you mean Allen, STL has already said they don't know who to start next, which is what I was referring to. You're right, it's usually as much or more about the other players, so why keep jerking your goalies around if they're not struggling is my point.
Who's a head case? I never said that at all. If you mean Allen, STL has already said they don't know who to start next, which is what I was referring to. You're right, it's usually as much or more about the other players, so why keep jerking your goalies around if they're not struggling is my point.
I think he was combining and paraphrasing responses to both of us in one thought. At least, that's what makes sense to me.
Sigh, game 7 it is... Hope the Lightning play the full game this time....
They're just trying to keep it interesting for you. Looked like they might come back again last night.
I dunno, your 20 minutes almost looked worked better than our 40 minutes. Such a back and forth series. Best series so far.
They're just trying to keep it interesting for you. Looked like they might come back again last night.
I was getting ready to play xbox when they made it interesting again... They still came close despite not really playing. The off sides overturn and they delay of game penalty on Hedman(I didn't even know that was a rule on a PP) cost them net 2 goals. That's the rules, but geesh, Lightning sure makes it hard on themselves...
Interesting, I didn't even notice the thrown stick. Nor did I know they would still call a penalty on a play that should have ended earlier; http://www.tsn.ca/c-mon-ref-a-disall...-play-1.495533

Funny how many people constantly bemoan the delay of game penalty for throwing the puck over the glass (I don't mean you Fsh, but all of the NHL commentators like Dave Hodge, Don Cherry, etc.). They all say the refs should be able to use their discretion. They seem to forget that when the refs did use their discretion on it, they would NEVER call it a penalty, even when it was obvious. More importantly, they forget it also was brought in to try to force d-men to actually make a play, possibly leading to turnovers and more scoring chances due to shrinking goal totals. No more brain dead, safe play, off the glass, unless you take the risk of throwing it over. Now it's definitely rare to see a guy shoot it over the far end glass like Hedman did, but I like the fact that it's black and white and is supposed to encourage guys to make a play.
I remember them commenting on the thrown stick. I never saw it in action. Also, the photos in that article are biased. The one that is supposed to be showing the offside needs to be about 1-2 frames back from when that actually was snapped. It shows the puck clearly in the blue, and the skates in a better perspective.

I don't know about the stick throw. It could have just left his hands as he flopped. It happens. What they did completely miss was Murray tossing the puck up over the glass. They ruled it a tip, but there was nobody between him and where the puck left, or so I and the entire arena thought.

Refs miss stuff all the time. They missed the slash against Malkin that caused him to retaliate and get called. Couple icings that probably shouldn't have been on both sides... But, last night's game was probably the cleanest one so far. The refs have been "letting them play", but there wasn't a whole lot last night that could have been called.
The Murray puck over the glass hit the glass before it went out. Same as if it hit a stick in that case.

I think the US broadcast mentioned the thrown stick, CBC didn't.
I thought the delay of game penalty was mostly for fan safety on the sides... Maybe I just haven't seen it on the ends because it just doesn't happen too often.
I thought the delay of game penalty was mostly for fan safety on the sides... Maybe I just haven't seen it on the ends because it just doesn't happen too often.
Might be first time I've actually seen it in a game. But the penalty is anytime you put it clean over the glass from inside your own blue line. Used to be done to stop play and get a line change without having to ice the puck if you were in trouble.
Congrats to the Pens... Surely Vasy set some record number of saves in one series?! He was awesome..
Congrats to the Pens... Surely Vasy set some record number of saves in one series?! He was awesome..
He gets all the credit in the world for keeping that an honest series and taking it to a game 7.
Good game 1. Crosby's stepped up, almost looking like his old pre-concussion days self again. Not too surprised Pitt won the first one, core group has been here before and came out flying. Took SJ a period to get their legs going, they controlled most of the second, third was pretty back and forth. Looks like it'll be a good finals. Won't be surprised if Marleau gets a game, more for how late it was than the hit itself.
Good game 1. Crosby's stepped up, almost looking like his old pre-concussion days self again. Not too surprised Pitt won the first one, core group has been here before and came out flying. Took SJ a period to get their legs going, they controlled most of the second, third was pretty back and forth. Looks like it'll be a good finals. Won't be surprised if Marleau gets a game, more for how late it was than the hit itself.
I'd be surprised if he got a game. They're weird like that. He got 2 for "hit to the head". The more likely scenario is nothing or maybe a period. I doubt he gets a game. He should, but he won't.

Yupp. He's not getting anything. http://deadspin.com/patrick-marleau-...-ru-1779599123
Last edited 05-31-2016 at 02:51 PM by Dacoto.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account