Found 39 posts - Go to Last Post

i can't play it on pc cos im a console gamer waiting for the 360 release. is anyone going to try it out. its an mmorpg but is said to be quite good. it will allow 360/pc players to unite a la FFXI and Shadowrun. ooohh and theres lots of blood. and whats more a story but i'm not sure what it is. Im waiting for 360 details.
This is never Conan as in... Conan the Heterosexually loinclothed saucy Barbarian... is it?!

o_O
Last edited 05-24-2008 at 08:38 PM by Killak.
Thank God for that....
This would have been better as a simultaneous release on both console and PC in my view. By the time the 360 gets it all those users will stand out as the "noobs". Most games after a year are seen as "old" although WoW proves different but i think thats the exception.
I must make the point, however, that console gamers have always been viewed by PC gamers as n00bs, really... it's a sad, tragic fact, mate...
well we game in comfort with wireless and couches and big HD screens. We win. Plus we dont have to use all the keys on the keyboard twice just to cover up the fact that the game sucks.
Very true. We also have the room of saucy banter, while they sit in the corner playing Warcraft and Warhammer 40,000,00000000000000000000000000000000000002 or whatever the fuck it is while masturbating to pictures of 5 year old japanese cartoon girls.
well i think this is the only game on PC thats come out since crysis that scored any recognition and thats just because we're all sick of warcraft fans.
I dunno... a LOT of people had serious beef with Crysis... at least in the UK. I was taking to Joan in GAME a while back and she said it was cos of te compatability and the fact the game was basically pants...

I don't know... what DID Crysis actually get... or what did YOU rate it?
it scored quite high but in essence it was Far Cry in Korea. just replace the instincts with that nano suit and mutants with the aliens. I never played it. I heard graphics were amazing if you had that monolith from 2001 space odyssey.
HAHAHAHA! I wish had that monolith, mate...

Far Cry is still damned fun in my opinion... They should have made the console versions less fastpaced and more tactical sneak. What fun that would have been...
not really. youre in a lush green jungle with a fuckin bright red hawian shirt.
Very true... That was kind of Gay and Hollywood-esque of Crytek....

Anyway... I'm curious as to a console MMORPG's success... FFXI didn't do well on consoles, as MMORPGs is a PC thing in the eyes of gamers globally...

hmm....
As far as I'm concerned I'm all too willing to waste money into Age of Conan to see if it's any good, I did the same with WoW and CoH and had some good old times (if not saying this to bring this thread back to it's subject). But as a PC/Console gamer (to address the off-topic discussion going on) I never played FFXI on Xbox, but I did on PC, and it sucked greatly to my disappointment. Crysis was good (having played it on my brother's beast of a computer) when I played it, although I've heard that when you get to the alien's spaceship it goes downhill from there, but I'm still holding judgment myself until I can play it through till the end.
well most mmos come with a free month. im giving ffxi a try just because i need something other than a shooter. if it sucks after the month then fine, if not then great. it seems to be a love hate thing like all mmos. to be WoW was a bit dull. i appreciate the community feel but after going to level 11 after doing pretty much the same quest over and over...no. but AoC looks like it has some promise.
Will you have it when I come back to London Billy, or is it a late summer release?
All this World of Warcraft bashing, and I bet you noobs have never experienced the 'real' side of it. :/ Arena+End game raiding is where it's all at. Sukahs. It's annoying that people judge the game before they even get to level 70 to experience that.

That being said, I don't think I'm even going to entertain Age of Conan. It just doesn't look like a good game, at all, from my perspective. From what I've read/seen, it looks very rushed. Maybe someday it'll look more appealing, but I'd rather wait for the new Warhammer Online game, or give Lord of the Rings Online a chance. :s But that's just me!
LOTR online looked good. we're all entitled to WoW opinions and mine said it was overrated and i played it to find out beofre judging but theres no way i'm playing all the way to level 70 for an opinion on what the "real" side is.
Well I was just pointing out the obvious, in that, playing to level 11 of 70 possible levels is hardly giving the game a chance! Big Grin

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account