Found 22 posts - Go to Last Post

Just woke up, but found this gem on reddit.com.
File Type: jpg
must admit thats pretty cool, was just playing L4D.
there is a lot of great fan stuff already, including some little comics. Valve has quite a following.
Well it is one of the best multi-player games out there. Too bad they haven't produced more maps the model lends to it so easily. The first DLC is less than exciting.
Is this the first time Valave have added content to a game? Normally all you can find are user made mods until the next big installment comes out like Counter strike: Condition Zero to CS Source
That may be the most badass picture I've seen in a while.

And Simon, don't forget episodal release... that technically counts as adding content. Like the Half life 2 episodes extend HL.
doesnt really count as they take so long. wheres episode 3? Theres a bigger chance of Duke Nukem Forever coming out before that. And its been ten years already.
Haha, I may agree on that note, Billy... Episode 3's absence is really pissin me off.
i've always hated the fact that they did episodes. it's a poor way of giving us a sequel without actually calling it one. that way, they don't have to change the weapons or gameplay at all because it's technically still HL2.
Well there was HL Oppsoing force and blue shift for HL1 but they didnt take so long. I dunno why ep3 is taking all this time. By the time it comes out ill probably have my own place, a family but not a pc that can run the thing.
Haha. Well, you got you're old alienware... I think HL2 episode 3 will be well within it's capabilites, since it's has the same processor as the Starship Enterprise... :P
i was on thier site so i could download graphics drivers and the new models look awesome. But my laptop is nothing comapred to whats on there right now (or just what can be in pcs generally). there are 1gb graphics cards . thats double the max graphics on crysis and four times what the ps3 has. in other words next gen will be amazing...even though thats what we said about this gen...and last gen.
I have to say... They'll stop short of being able to control real people... I like the idea of controlling phenomenal CG models.

Imagine the level of graphics in the FFX FMVs, and being able to control THAT level of perfection...

Wow...

And a 1Gig Graphics card?! Holy shit! That must be powered by rocket fuel!
I have to say... They'll stop short of being able to control real people... I like the idea of controlling phenomenal CG models.

Imagine the level of graphics in the FFX FMVs, and being able to control THAT level of perfection...

Wow...

And a 1Gig Graphics card?! Holy shit! That must be powered by rocket fuel!
Originally Posted by Killak
Heck my new laptop can have a 1GB Video card. Of coarse I only ordered the 512MB version. HP HDX18 is a very cool laptop with a 1080p screen.
You S.O.B. I've only got a IBM T60p.... had it for a year and a half now. Love it to bits, though.

If I was to get another laptop, I'd simply go wild and get the latest alienware DEFINITELY. After seeing Billy's and spending the next hour in the lavatory, I'm not getting anything else if I can. So... maybe in a few years....

That is when I leave uni and get a job though.

If I'm still in uni and in need of a laptop, I'll get my hands on a Dell Style 17... It's probably the only thing in my price range...
you're better of making your own pc if you want it for gaming. Alienware is too expensive, and you can make something comparable for much cheaper.
I need a laptop though... Is it possible for me to get like... a Dell Style 17 and make it badass? Is that what you mean?
laptops really can't be upgraded. i would keep your old one for school work if it handles what you need, and make a new one for everything else.
You S.O.B. I've only got a IBM T60p.... had it for a year and a half now. Love it to bits, though.

If I was to get another laptop, I'd simply go wild and get the latest alienware DEFINITELY. After seeing Billy's and spending the next hour in the lavatory, I'm not getting anything else if I can. So... maybe in a few years....

That is when I leave uni and get a job though.

If I'm still in uni and in need of a laptop, I'll get my hands on a Dell Style 17... It's probably the only thing in my price range...
Originally Posted by Killak
I have T60p for work other then being a messed up Nokia config I'm happy with it. Home use I wanted the works. I have been in the IT world for 20 years and avoid Dell whenever I can. They just don't make reliable products. Cheap yes but reliable no. I bought a Dell Laptop the last time because I could get a discount through work. However it didn't last 2 years before it had major issues. So that was $3500 down the drain. So I have bought 3 HP's over the last few years for my wife and kids and they have been great. So I decided to go that way. Wasn't too bad price wise either $2000 got me. 18.4" 1080p screen, 2x250GB drives, 4GB Memory, 512MB Video, HDTV tuner, Bluray drive, etc...
I don't know a thing about building a PC (i also dont have the space/patience). I was talking to a guy at my uni who built his and he said the new graphics cards are too big for his PC so that kinda sucks. My laptop could be upgraded if i found the right stuff but I havent needed anything new and don't plan upgrading anytime soon.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account