Why is the Flash Mob II tread locked

General Chat

Found 36 posts - Go to Last Post

WTF I missed the badge because the website went down. Where is that topic anyway, cannot find it anywhere any more. Did it get deleted?

Dammit, I did not use tinytask this time.
WTF I missed the badge because the website went down. Where is that topic anyway, cannot find it anywhere any more. Did it get deleted?

Dammit, I did not use tinytask this time.
Originally Posted by Musquito
you didn't miss it. We didn't get it
I locked it as it was no longer relevant to the subject and it was starting to get out of control. I also moved it to a staff only forum, for now, but I will go ahead and return it to general chat.
you didn't miss it. We didn't get it
Originally Posted by N1ghtmareb4xmas
Really? Why are more than 100 people unlocked the badge yesterday then?

I am actually very pissed about it. Why making a badge if the site cannot handle that much traffic?
Last time I used TinyTask to refresh my page as I logged in before timer reached 0 so I could have an eye on the countdown while watching TV.
Yesterday I thought is was not necessary as I was online when countdown reached 0, so I took Eric's advice and set myself and my second profile on "who is online" page. As an European it is very late so I watched TV again, but when I wanted to go to sleep I saw that the website has gone offline and the page stops refreshing itself of course (If I had used TinyTask like last time, it would keep refreshing the page and it would have put me back online when the site starts to run again). And on top of that, 100 people even unlocked Flash Mob III. The chances that this will ever happen again are very unlikely as most of them used multiple accounts. So yes I am very frustrated that I missed the opportunity.

Edit: I read that other topic now that is back and now I understand. We did miss it, but it got me confused as in my time zone it looked like it was unlocked when it was suppose to be.
The primary reason I like it over here is that it is quite, small and nice community. I had no idea this site was full of jerks too. Not sure if I will stick around. I am not confortable around a site full of jerks who does not grant others that badge just that they can stay on top of the leaderboard having a unique badge.
Last edited 07-17-2016 at 06:49 AM by Musquito.
I get what your all saying about AF...

BUT...

Your saying people screwed us but technically you'll be screwing Eric by leaving. Plus everyone you've called a "jerk" are also on other Xbox related sites so unless your not visiting any xbox sites it's time to bury the hatchet and get along.

----

I might be doing a poor job of staying impartial but let's all move forward....I don't want anything hindering my shot at Member of the Month Stick Out Tongue
I get what your all saying about AF...

BUT...

Your saying people screwed us but technically you'll be screwing Eric by leaving. Plus everyone you've called a "jerk" are also on other Xbox related sites so unless your not visiting any xbox sites it's time to bury the hatchet and get along.

----

I might be doing a poor job of staying impartial but let's all move forward....I don't want anything hindering my shot at Member of the Month Stick Out Tongue
Originally Posted by dieselv2
I still go to another site but I won't post anything because of a-holes. I believe thats what is going to happen here after these shenanigans, that's how a lot are feeling after this. It wouldn't have been as bad but you publicly were promoting a run at Flash Mob 2 maybe 3 after our first successful attempt.
It's more about feeling welcomed and a community and I can say I know of some that may have been run off because some of the posts responding to them leading to the deletion of their profile.

Staying positive is good and if not some will get caught in the cross fire hopefully time will alleviate this incident and the community can feel welcoming again.
Really? Why are more than 100 people unlocked the badge yesterday then?

I am actually very pissed about it. Why making a badge if the site cannot handle that much traffic?
Last time I used TinyTask to refresh my page as I logged in before timer reached 0 so I could have an eye on the countdown while watching TV.
Yesterday I thought is was not necessary as I was online when countdown reached 0, so I took Eric's advice and set myself and my second profile on "who is online" page. As an European it is very late so I watched TV again, but when I wanted to go to sleep I saw that the website has gone offline and the page stops refreshing itself of course (If I had used TinyTask like last time, it would keep refreshing the page and it would have put me back online when the site starts to run again). And on top of that, 100 people even unlocked Flash Mob III. The chances that this will ever happen again are very unlikely as most of them used multiple accounts. So yes I am very frustrated that I missed the opportunity.

Edit: I read that other topic now that is back and now I understand. We did miss it, but it got me confused as in my time zone it looked like it was unlocked when it was suppose to be.
The primary reason I like it over here is that it is quite, small and nice community. I had no idea this site was full of jerks too. Not sure if I will stick around. I am not confortable around a site full of jerks who does not grant others that badge just that they can stay on top of the leaderboard having a unique badge.

You can still come and use the site. You can easily block the assholes you don't want to hear from.
You can still come and use the site. You can easily block the assholes you don't want to hear from.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
I am already a frequent user of a competitive site with assholes. That is why I love it here, quiet and nice community, until now. It is really a big "fuck you" to all those who wanted to help each other out. Why in the world would you go for it one day early?
I am already a frequent user of a competitive site with assholes. That is why I love it here, quiet and nice community, until now. It is really a big "fuck you" to all those who wanted to help each other out. Why in the world would you go for it one day early?
It was stated by someone invoked that this was done, essentially, to spite a group of site members who responded to a poll about AchievementFest with the choice that they would likely never attended. Nevermind that people who selected that option may be living in a different country, living with less disposable income, or living with families that need them there; nevermind that some site members actually might have wanted to attend this year but were simply unable to for various reasons. Welcome to the GamertagNation community, where we split into the haves and have-not's, just to make a small select group feel better about themselves.
Oh well, time to move on with the nice people around here, there are still plenty left. Smile
It's happened and we can move forward. Block those people if you wish to not see them around.

It's a shame we didn't get badges but I have no ill feelibg towards those that used AF to get it. Let's just move on and rebuild. Lets unite this community and move on.
You can still come and use the site. You can easily block the a##holes you don't want to hear from.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
This ^^^ and thank you Marv for re pointing this out. It is exactly why Eric put this in place. I'm glad to see you are all seeing what went on here and for the most part are being somewhat civil about it. I understand your frustrations and commend you for trying to put this behind you and keep this community great. As I have stated before don't let the actions of few spoil anything for you here, we at GTN try to make this site as community friendly as possible and as such I think that goal has been met for most of the time. Yes, GTN as does every other site and situations have it's problems from time to time, no getting around that. I think you will have to agree GTN is one of the more community friendly X-Box tracking sites around. Please don't let this situation change your view of GTN. As always and I can't stress this enough, we the staff are here for any problems, concerns, complaints and questions and the best way to tell us these without "stirring the pot", would be to send us private messages. Thank you for keeping GTN great.
So it looks like the elitist are getting a Hilary "pass" for their misdeeds.... whatever.
So it looks like the elitist are getting a Hilary "pass" for their misdeeds.... whatever.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
They didn't do anything against the rules. They just did theirs in such a way as to intentionally to spite those of us who couldn't or wouldn't go to AchievementFest. Like it or not, there's no reason to take the badges away.
They didn't do anything against the rules. They just did theirs in such a way as to intentionally to spite those of us who couldn't or wouldn't go to AchievementFest. Like it or not, there's no reason to take the badges away.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Not entirely agreeing with that. To create fake accounts, that is different than registering accounts from family members. I am guessing it is not a written rule, so yes it is not against the rules, but maybe changing the rules would be a great idea.

As it was intentionally to hurt the community over here (common 1 day before the agreed date), it would be totally fair to take those badges away.

I am just so suprised that it does not come to their minds that some people cannot attend AF. I live in Belgium, I would have to take holiday to come over to the states, not to mention it would cost me a lot. I rather spend that money on my family. Is that a reason to screw me over?!?

(And frankly with all those terrorism attacks lately, I prefer to stay away from airplanes as much as I can at the moment).
Everyone has put Eric in a tough spot here. I pay premium because for me this is best Xbox site out there. Whether you agree or not is a different question but I believe in Eric's vision and we need to stop being so petty over a badge. (If anything I should be most annoyed as I organised date and time other day but I'm not).

B8TINGU lock this one too?
There is a difference between petty over a badge and petty over the fact that a small group of community members finds themselves elite and were convinced it was absolutely necessary to screw the other community members by a seflfish move.
There is a difference between petty over a badge and petty over the fact that a small group of community members finds themselves elite and were convinced it was absolutely necessary to screw the other community members by a seflfish move.
Exactly. I don't care that they got the badge. Let them keep it, whatever. Someone posted a question about why can't we just ask those people to help us get the badge. I just laughed to myself. I mean, wasn't that what we were doing by trying to organize the Flash Mob II group in diesel's thread? Hell, I know for a fact that at least one of them was aware of this because he posted in that thread and even made references to AchievementFest in it.
This group of people, who are actually probably laughing more now because of how much chatter their "shenanigans" have gotten, chose not to help and instead take something designed to bring the community together and use it in a way that seems to have driven a wedge in it. And this was simply because not everyone can make it to a convention that was apparently started as part of a different website.
Meh, let's just stop giving them a win and simply let this discussion end.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account