Add Friend Feature

Feature Requests

Found 8 posts - Go to Last Post

Declined
At the minute if we want to add someone on xbox live, we have to go the long way (unless I'm missing something). The cog menu says

Send a Private Message
Compare Game Activity
Send Xbox.com Message
View Xbox.com Profile

What about adding a feature were you click add to xbox live and you then send a friends request to that person? It can be done on Xbox.com and I'm assuming the code remains the same with username changed. If username become a variable would it work?
At the minute if we want to add someone on xbox live, we have to go the long way (unless I'm missing something). The cog menu says

Send a Private Message
Compare Game Activity
Send Xbox.com Message
View Xbox.com Profile

What about adding a feature were you click add to xbox live and you then send a friends request to that person? It can be done on Xbox.com and I'm assuming the code remains the same with username changed. If username become a variable would it work?
Originally Posted by dieselv2
There is API code out there for doing Xbox.com messages using gamertags, but, I don't know if I saw one for adding as an Xbox Live Friend. So, that would play a bigger factor into it.

*EDIT* And clicking on "Send Xbox.com Message" only opens your profile's messages page. It doesn't even setup a message from you to the person in question.
Is this the beginnings of another feature to opt out of?
Change your xbox profile to hidden. Sorted.

This is just a shortcut plus people can follow you without being a friend.
Change your xbox profile to hidden. Sorted.

This is just a shortcut plus people can follow you without being a friend.
Changing to hidden stops certain trackers from tracking.

This is also just a shortcut to blocking people without being a friend.
Status changed to 'Declined' - Unfortunately there is no way for us to link to the Add Friend option for a profile on Xbox.com. This option is provided on the Xbox.com profile and does not follow a specific URL pattern.
people can follow you without being a friend.
I check my console once every couple of weeks and block those people. I think that is the worse "added feature" on the X1.
I check my console once every couple of weeks and block those people. I think that is the worse "added feature" on the X1.
Originally Posted by futiles
this x 100.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account