How about a Obituaries sub forum in Entertainment?

Feature Requests

Found 16 posts - Go to Last Post

Oh man, I saw on the news today someone else died and the first thing I thought is, "Boy, I can't wait to see all the people that suddenly care on Facebook and here comes the inevitable GTN thread!"

You know what, we're old. The musician, actor, scientist, family member, puppet relationship, whatever we liked as a younger person is even older! Everything dies! Move on, say a prayer, send flowers, just stop posting about it!
Should we put it next to your Retro sub?
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I don't own the retro forum! But hey if you want to bestow them on me that's cool. Be careful what criteria you put on ownership however because I suspect I would probably own the Premium forum as well. Btw, Abe Vigoda died at 94. You know, cause he was 94.
I think you may need to improve your Facebook feed. I see one mention of Abe Vigoda on mine, and honestly, it's someone that I have been considering tossing. Well, I guess I'll go do that...

Much better, now there are no mentions of Abe Vigoda on my Facebook feed.
I think you may need to improve your Facebook feed. I see one mention of Abe Vigoda on mine, and honestly, it's someone that I have been considering tossing. Well, I guess I'll go do that...

Much better, now there are no mentions of Abe Vigoda on my Facebook feed.
Originally Posted by futiles
What about Rickman or Bowie? Cancer is a bitch. As for my Facebook feed, it's mostly my family so I can't block them. I come here to talk about da video games and get away from that nonsense. Which is also why I stayed away from some of the political type threads around here (like that Murder tv show one).
You can stop your families posts showing on your newsfeed and still be friends with them...

I wonder if Eric could be forum specific permissions were we could hide forums so when you come here you only see gaming forums and latest posts from them......
What about Rickman or Bowie? Cancer is a bitch. As for my Facebook feed, it's mostly my family so I can't block them. I come here to talk about da video games and get away from that nonsense. Which is also why I stayed away from some of the political type threads around here (like that Murder tv show one).
Originally Posted by Kaens
Maybe 1 or 2, each, maybe. Cancer sucks. I drop family all the time. I have plenty of family that I am not friends with on Facebook. When someone asks me about it, I say, "They post nothing but shit."

But, I also delete reposters, or meme posters, or "If 100 people share this...," or "I bet X number of my friends won't repost...". Nope, I bet they won't. Unfriend.
I don't own the retro forum! But hey if you want to bestow them on me that's cool. Be careful what criteria you put on ownership however because I suspect I would probably own the Premium forum as well. Btw, Abe Vigoda died at 94. You know, cause he was 94.
I though he was already dead.

Just out of curiosity who would need to die for you to take a step back and say, damn not him/her.
I though he was already dead.

Just out of curiosity who would need to die for you to take a step back and say, damn not him/her.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
My grandfather, and I didn't deal with it here on the gaming site. I don't really get star struck and don't give two shits about these people. They are no better than you or me and I would expect no one to post random stuff about me when I pass.
My grandfather, and I didn't deal with it here on the gaming site. I don't really get star struck and don't give two shits about these people. They are no better than you or me and I would expect no one to post random stuff about me when I pass.
I agree pretty strongly with this. Unless I know the person, really know them, then someone's death is just that. It is disappointing when a celebrity I like passes, but, oh well.

My sister, that was different.
Family and close friends are a given. Sorry for your loss.
If you don't like the thread don't go to it. You say you come to GTN for your gaming needs cool, but some people like to see other stuff to break the monotony, I don't get into the NFL so I pretty much stay out of that thread cause I don't do stats like that, pretty simple and I could see your point if this was like Facepage or whatever, but the posting of other than gaming information or threads has its own forum you don't have to visit and we have the mark as read option now and I just don't see a spam type situation there. It may be hard to believe, but I may want to find out if other people like stuff other than gaming and who knows maybe I'll add them to my facepage.
The stress of staying ahead of Fsh making you grumpy?
If you don't like the thread don't go to it. You say you come to GTN for your gaming needs cool, but some people like to see other stuff to break the monotony, I don't get into the NFL so I pretty much stay out of that thread cause I don't do stats like that, pretty simple and I could see your point if this was like Facepage or whatever, but the posting of other than gaming information or threads has its own forum you don't have to visit and we have the mark as read option now and I just don't see a spam type situation there. It may be hard to believe, but I may want to find out if other people like stuff other than gaming and who knows maybe I'll add them to my facepage.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
He's recommending a whole sub forum... Now if we could ignore whole sub forums... that would be be great...

But a thread, just for this would be great...
He's recommending a whole sub forum... Now if we could ignore whole sub forums... that would be be great...

Exactly where I was going with it. And yeah, i get grumpy sometimes. Because of staying ahead of Fshguy? Nah, he's the only one that has motivated me to keep up at number 1. A champion is only as good as his competition and Fsh pushes me. Beat him all the time does get old though. Wink

Ok, that sounds like a vible solution. Now we just have to wait for someone of some stature to die to start our all new all fantastic obituaries thread!...yea..i know kind of morbid.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account