"General Site Discussion" forum

Feature Requests

Found 12 posts - Go to Last Post

There are site specific sub-forums, mainly "Feature Requests" and "Issue/Bug Reports" as well as "News and Announcements" - but what about a general discussion of the site sub-forum? I actually have things about the site that I would not consider issues or bugs, and they aren't feature requests, either. So, where would it be best to post them?

Example:

I don't get the point of my "Activity Feed" at all. I know other people use it, as they make mention of using it, but, I have no idea why. I pretty much never go to my profile page, as all it has is just a list of the things I did. "futiles posted in this thread" or "futiles started this thread" or "futiles earned this achievement" or "futiles started this game" - well, no shit. I am futiles. I know I did that. (Especially the forum activity, the necessity of that baffles me.)

Now, if it told me that friends posted in certain forums, well, that would make those forums interesting to me. As it is, I don't even understand the point of friends on the site...

Example over

So, could we maybe get a forum for those discussions, which might lead to feature requests and/or bug reports?
you can choose what is shown on that feed. possibly u can turn it all off.
Indeed, it can be customized. Think of it as something to share with others rather than a feed strictly for you. People can check your profile and quickly see what you've been up to, which then gives them reasons to interact if they wish.

As for where to post this, don't worry too much. General Chat or here will work; I don't think we obsess over location since we know you're trying to get as close as you can. A direct PM will work for questions, too.
Missing the point here, I am not trying to discuss my example, but rather, the need for a location TO DISCUSS my example.

I appreciate the attempted feedback, but, it is on the wrong matter.
Indeed, it can be customized. Think of it as something to share with others rather than a feed strictly for you. People can check your profile and quickly see what you've been up to, which then gives them reasons to interact if they wish.

As for where to post this, don't worry too much. General Chat or here will work; I don't think we obsess over location since we know you're trying to get as close as you can. A direct PM will work for questions, too.
Originally Posted by Obsidian Tides
A direct PM to whom? Eric? The entire site? It is difficult to open discussion through a PM.
In this case, asking about your activity feed struck me as more of a question than a discussion topic, so a PM to any staff can get you answers.
In cases about technical issues that don't fall under another umbrella, probably Eric.
Again, missing the point. That was an example of what I would post in a forum if such forum existed. And, not really something I need "answered" in this thread. But rather, let us focus on the actual feature request, a site specific forum about the site. And honestly, it really is a question for Eric, since no one else has the ability to make those decisions...
There is a friend feed, it's buried in your settings I think though...
As I already said, General Chat or here would suffice, as it doesn't occur frequently enough to need a dedicated forum. As you've said, though, it's not my call.
As I already said, General Chat or here would suffice, as it doesn't occur frequently enough to need a dedicated forum. As you've said, though, it's not my call.
Originally Posted by Obsidian Tides
How can you say it wouldn't occur more if there was actually a location for it. Maybe I have 10, or 20, or 100 different items I would like to discuss, but don't because there really isn't a place for it. And even if it only happens a handful of times, how does that matter if there should be a place for it or not? That argument has never made sense to me. I only mow my yard in the summer, but, I still have a lawn mower year round.
I'm sure there would be more then the 24 posts in the proposed forum then there currently are in Clan Recruitment.
Renaming one of these forums to "catch" more possible topics would work, too. It's arbitrary, really. We're not going to crack down on such topics because I think everyone involved is reasonable enough to understand the intent. In other words, please don't let forum categories discourage you from attempting a valid discussion. We can always make forums more encompassing, but they don't have to be a barrier in the meantime.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account