15k in a week (poll included)

Gaming Chat

How many days for me to hit 15K?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 1 (2.78%) 1 Day - Wait, what? I'm not a machine.... Wink

× 0 (0%) 2 Days - Damn, that's still nuts.

× 0 (0%) 3 Days - Alright, that's at least possible.

× 6 (16.67%) 4 Days - Humpday is always a good day.

× 6 (16.67%) 5 Days - Done before end of the week.

× 6 (16.67%) 6 Days - Cutting it a little close.

× 5 (13.89%) 7 Days - What were you doing all week?

× 4 (11.11%) Yeah right, not going to happen.

× 8 (22.22%) I'm just here for the poll.

• Added 08-12-2015 08:58 PM
  • 36 votes
So, it's looking like I'll be attempting my 15k in a week badge next week, so figured I'd give everyone a free poll for it like when I did my 10k. A few things to consider;
I will be on holidays (off work).
I haven't planned out any games yet, and probably won't. What's on the shelf (or drive) that's quick? Alright, that's next. Nothing preloaded.
I'll be using all games that I currently already own, most (all?) of which I have not played yet.
I have other stuff going on (appointments, going biking, etc.) during the week, that will cut into some of my time, but not that much.
Smile
I gotta make it first. Wink Weird that you make the post, then you add the poll after it's already created.
I think I want to change my vote... No plan and only stuff on your shelf? Probably going to take you the full week.
I'm going to say there are still people who have the badge I'm pretty sure didn't earn it.

And we need a 20k and 25k in a week badges. Make them and I will throw down!
So, it's looking like I'll be attempting my 15k in a week badge next week, so figured I'd give everyone a free poll for it like when I did my 10k. A few things to consider;
I will be on holidays (off work).
I haven't planned out any games yet, and probably won't. What's on the shelf (or drive) that's quick? Alright, that's next. Nothing preloaded.
I'll be using all games that I currently already own, most (all?) of which I have not played yet.
I have other stuff going on (appointments, going biking, etc.) during the week, that will cut into some of my time, but not that much.
Smile
Originally Posted by Buckswana
Now that I read this, I may want to change my vote. Unless you have a bunch of Japanese games...hehe
I'm going to say there are still people who have the badge I'm pretty sure didn't earn it.

Originally Posted by Kaens
20 & 25K Jesus Man, that can be bit much unless you have 0 gamerscore. I look at my current stock of games and I might be able to do 15K if I plan well.
I may have a Jp game or two left, but nothing under 6hrs. My plan is simply to look at my games collection on TA (I think everything's updated on there now, or at least I hope so), sort by quickest, and go.

I think Preludecris said it right in another thread:

Originally Posted by Preludecris
I think Preludecris said it right in another thread:
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
At least someone scoring 25K to get a badge doesn't make 25,000 posts in the forums to get it...
20 & 25K Jesus Man, that can be bit much unless you have 0 gamerscore. I look at my current stock of games and I might be able to do 15K if I plan well.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
I don't know, "I" did 10K in just over 24 hours.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
I swear I can do it, I have no doubt in my mind. Saying that knowing I already have played nearly ever Japanese visual novel and I've played all the story adventure games and I've already scored 500k.

I did the 15k badge easily, scoring roughly 17k and chilling half the week. I didn't even have to disrupt my normal family time. Make the badge and I'll prove it before the end of the year.
I swear I can do it, I have no doubt in my mind. Saying that knowing I already have played nearly ever Japanese visual novel and I've played all the story adventure games and I've already scored 500k.

I did the 15k badge easily, scoring roughly 17k and chilling half the week. I didn't even have to disrupt my normal family time. Make the badge and I'll prove it before the end of the year.
I'll wait on my 15K then until they make a 20K. I don't want to do it twice.
At least someone scoring 25K to get a badge doesn't make 25,000 posts in the forums to get it...
Originally Posted by futiles
I was thinking about your comments in the other thread earlier, so we've had one serious abuser of the badges. So with that line of thought, there was that one guy would tried to light his shoe to explode on a plane and now we all have to take off our shoes when we take a flight. So what is our screening process going to be like if some guy smuggles explosives in his butt?!
I was thinking about your comments in the other thread earlier, so we've had one serious abuser of the badges. So with that line of thought, there was that one guy would tried to light his shoe to explode on a plane and now we all have to take off our shoes when we take a flight. So what is our screening process going to be like if some guy smuggles explosives in his butt?!
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Except, your analogy ignores the fact that no one gets rewarded for how many times they get on a plane with explosives, while we give trophies for spamming...
Except, your analogy ignores the fact that no one gets rewarded for how many times they get on a plane with explosives, while we give trophies for spamming...
And we're also left to the arbitrary definition of "relevant"... If only there was a group or collective. A "team" if you will...
I dare say without expounding the crass details, that an Islamic Jihadist is promised many rewards.

Aside from that, my point is that we shouldn't alter our whole way of life due to a few people.
I dare say without expounding the crass details, that an Islamic Jihadist is promised many rewards.

Aside from that, my point is that we shouldn't alter our whole way of life due to a few people.
But we did. Much like flights did not stop, neither did the posting nor post spam potential.

But rather, like NSA we have added individual(s) to the "no fly list" and added our own version taking off your shoes by putting in a post limiter that makes you wait between posts...

So, we have changed because of the individual. But, unlike the rewards offered in Islam, that are gross misrepresented by a small percentage, and the Islamic faith is not in charge of the method by which these individuals believe they earn those rewards, GTN very clearly states, "Hey, spam these forums and threads and get a badge, do it now!" GTN is both the Allah of the faith, as well as the TSA stopping you from boarding the plane. And I think, if Allah worked at the TSA, he probably would make how to get those rewards (if they existed) a little more clear.
But we did. Much like flights did not stop, neither did the posting nor post spam potential.

But rather, like NSA we have added individual(s) to the "no fly list" and added our own version taking off your shoes by putting in a post limiter that makes you wait between posts...

So, we have changed because of the individual. But, unlike the rewards offered in Islam, that are gross misrepresented by a small percentage, and the Islamic faith is not in charge of the method by which these individuals believe they earn those rewards, GTN very clearly states, "Hey, spam these forums and threads and get a badge, do it now!" GTN is both the Allah of the faith, as well as the TSA stopping you from boarding the plane. And I think, if Allah worked at the TSA, he probably would make how to get those rewards (if they existed) a little more clear.
But you're saying, "Hey, spam these forums and threads and get a badge, do it now!", But I don't see spammers in the 500 forums posts or more badge... Of course, your definition of spam is probably "stuff that Futiles doesn't want to see".

Anyhow, way off topic here.

Looking back on Buck's unplayed collection, I'm surprised by how many games he has there... geesh... It's bad enough how many uncompleted games he has(Okay, I was using the wrong filter...)

So, I'm saying 6 days now... Only because it's not hockey season yet.
So, I'm saying 6 days now... Only because it's not hockey season yet.
I said 5 days. Soooooo, can I get the 20k and 25k badges now?

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account