64g SD card...and WP games question

General Chat

Found 7 posts - Go to Last Post

I have had the fortune to grab 64g SD card for my WP, I slapped it in a started to re-download all the games I have lost whilst upgrading to m y new WP, which is now about a year old... It seems to be working fine, but I have a few questions that maybe someone can answer about this:

#1. Some of the games don't seem to want to re-download it gets stuck at pending or needs attention. Some even say they have downloaded but still require attention.

This brings me to my SD card.

#2. I did not format the card before I started to use it and it was downloading fine, but it says I can format the card... should I have done this? Or should I go ahead and just format known re download everything I have already have been able to download?

#3. I turned off the phone and why I turned it back on it told me there were some problems with the SD card and it would scan the card and fix errors, but in doing so it may lose some data, I told it to go ahead, woke up this morning and so far nothing has really changed and I'm still pending some of those games.

Any help would be grateful, I'm not totally sure I want to format my SD card but I'm not opposed to it either, it would just mean having to re-download things..

Oh there is one other bit of info, I did go in and start to re-download a lot of the games at one time, so I have about 20 games pending download, maybe its too much for my phone to process at one time? Even though it only shows it working one game at a time it, it will go all the way thru installing then about 3/4 of the way thru it stops and goes to Attention Required, then moves on to the next game.
When it says "Needs Attention" what attention does it need? Did you tap the apps that need said attention to see what was the problem?

Are you on Cellular or WiFI?
Have you updated your phone to a new OS, and is the app/game compatible with the new OS or even to the new phone? (Many are not)
Has the App/Game updated to a version beyond your device and its OS?
My guess is where I believe futiles was going - you're on your cellular service and not wifi so it won't download (by default) larger games.
My guess is where I believe futiles was going - you're on your cellular service and not wifi so it won't download (by default) larger games.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I wouldn't recommend that, that will kill your plan limits...
When it says "Needs Attention" what attention does it need? Did you tap the apps that need said attention to see what was the problem?

Are you on Cellular or WiFI?
Have you updated your phone to a new OS, and is the app/game compatible with the new OS or even to the new phone? (Many are not)
Has the App/Game updated to a version beyond your device and its OS?
Originally Posted by futiles
I have tapped the apps and they only go so far and then stop installing.

I'm on my Cellular and Wi-Fi. It's se t up for both and I have unlimited data plan at 5gb. Phone has not been updated to a new OS its still WP 8, I know I have lost some WP 7 games. due to incompatibility. I've had this phone for about a year now. Can games designed for WP8 actually surpass that OS? I know apps can, but was not aware games designed for W8 could.

I got some new info, after I did my initial scan problem, now some of the games that were not downloading are instead of pending need attention are now unavailable and still others are just pending.

It seems to give me this other message that the phone is having trouble installing this app and to check my phone setting to see if my phone is up to date, but my phone is up to date as I have checked and it's on automatic updates, but I went ahead and did a manual push and it still told me I was up to date.

The other message I got was to re insert my SD Card... which is weird because I can still read what's on my SD card? But I'll take it out and re insert it to see if that helps. I'm also going to power it down for a bit because I here that helps too. Thanks for the help and I'm still open for advice.. I'll let you know what comes of this, you think I should call someone? Like MS support for the games or my cellular provider or do you think that wouldn't help much?
I had a similar issue with Asphalt 8 Overdrive. I ran out of space on my phone and could not install the update and I got that tap for details message. I moved the game to the SD card with over 20 GB available. I still got that tap for details message and it said I had no space. I tapped the retry button at the bottom of the download screen and it worked even though the download stated attention required no space available..
Last edited 04-22-2015 at 03:31 PM by LordChabelo13.
I had a similar issue with Asphalt 8 Overdrive. I ran out of space on my phone and could not install the update and I got that tap for details message. I moved the game to the SD card with over 20 GB available. I still got that tap for details message and it said I had no space. I tapped the retry button at the bottom of the download screen and it worked even though the download stated attention required no space available..
Originally Posted by LordChabelo13

That worked for a few of the them, but not all but, then things got worse. my camera for some reason would not function or even load up an it was not even on the SD card. Reluctantly I have reformatted the sd card, I did this twice and now the games/ apps that were having trouble are now installing properly.. but I am also doing things one at a time instead of trying to Download everything fast, by queuing them all to download and wait for the pending status..

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account