FAQ and answers, please.

General Chat

Found 23 posts - Go to Last Post

So we have a general http://www.gamertagnation.com/help/ center which has some good information on it, but I'm also aware we don't have a real FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page. I've been trying to work on this but honestly I want to know what are your FAQ'S? Or rather what do you think would benefit any new members. If you have a question you feel should be asked or elaborated on please feel free to ask it here and if you can please elaborate on it as much as possible or maybe answer it if you have since come to the answer. Thank you all in advance. I'll have the questions in this thread used in the new FAQ page.. http://www.gamertagnation.com/aboutus.php?do=faqs
Why wont my achievements sync?

seemed like the most common question that was asked here a lot.
How to create a game collection? Or how to add games to a collection? I can't figure it out.
I agree with Prelude. Gompers you can find your answer in the help section already. To do that go to a game page of your choice. Click on the star icon in the top right for it to bring up a box. In the box you can add that game to your Favorites, Wishlist or a Collection. I think it's even where you create a Collection, but it's been a while since I've done that.

Here's mine that I think will help benefit people:
What's So Special About Paying for Premium?
I want to know exactly what Premium users get and what regular members get. I'll be upgrading to Premium soon, and I want to know what I have in store. Besides, it may attract more people to purchase Premium to help the site further. I don't just mean Premium Badges, I mean exactly what the Premium Badges are.

How Do I Navigate the Stats Sections?
Teach people what all of the certain things in the Stats section are. I remember Galactus asking about what Proficiency meant and no one knew other than Eric. Even then it was still a little unclear.

What Does the Star Icon Do?
Make a section about what the Star icon in the top right of most pages can do.

You can also remove the Microsoft Points Converter from the Tools section.
Since I am new and I did not find the answer elsewhere.
* Total achievements on my profile: What achievements (type) are tracked? (I noticed this number is way higher than on the other site).
* Games played on my profile: Does that include the apps as well? And probably also the games played but no achievements unlocked...
* Completions: Seems like it is default on "DLC I unlocked an achievement". Is this default or is there a user setting (which I did not find yet).
Since I am new and I did not find the answer elsewhere.
* Total achievements on my profile: What achievements (type) are tracked? (I noticed this number is way higher than on the other site).
* Games played on my profile: Does that include the apps as well? And probably also the games played but no achievements unlocked...
* Completions: Seems like it is default on "DLC I unlocked an achievement". Is this default or is there a user setting (which I did not find yet).
Originally Posted by Musquito
Apps do not count as games but the achievements are included in your achievement count. At least for me it is. Same with the challenges. App challenges count towards challenges total but again the app itself does not count as a game. As for games you've started but have not unlocked an achievement will still show up on your feed. so even though you have not unlocked an achievement in that game you still 'played' it. DLC I believe is defaulted to 'DLC you own' because xbox.com cannot read if you played a DLC without unlocking an achievement in it. Hopefully that clears up some of your questions.
Apps do not count as games but the achievements are included in your achievement count. At least for me it is. Same with the challenges. App challenges count towards challenges total but again the app itself does not count as a game. As for games you've started but have not unlocked an achievement will still show up on your feed. so even though you have not unlocked an achievement in that game you still 'played' it. DLC I believe is defaulted to 'DLC you own' because xbox.com cannot read if you played a DLC without unlocking an achievement in it. Hopefully that clears up some of your questions.
Originally Posted by Preludecris
Thanks. This was what I figured out, but then again, the total of achievements is way off.
On TA I got 13 581 achievements (incl from apps) + 26 challenges = 13 607.
Here on GTN it shows 13,687. What are those other 80 achievements?
I see that "submit game information" is greyed out. When can we submit information?
Thanks. This was what I figured out, but then again, the total of achievements is way off.
On TA I got 13 581 achievements (incl from apps) + 26 challenges = 13 607.
Here on GTN it shows 13,687. What are those other 80 achievements?
Well, 360voice has you at 13646. BTW the GTN count does not have challenges in it. I think TA/GTN may be 13607 to 13,713. Or roughly 106 achievements.

I have for myself:
18745 (-159 challenges) = 18586 - 360voice
18623 - GTN
18564 - TA

If there's somebody with a lot less achievements with a decent discrepancy it would be easier to track down. Or somebody very attentive like a Kaens maybe to know the difference.
mine are correct.
TA - 3773 achievements
GTN - 3842 achievements
I have 69 app achievements.
3773 + 69 = 3842 achievements.

Musquito, I think you have more app acheivements than you think you have. And you don't add the challenges into the acheivements.

13687 - 13581 = 106 app achievements, check your apptastic badges progress and correct me if im wrong.
Anyway I believe this is FAQ thread so here are some common sense questions for the staff.

How does the sync work?

How do I delete my account?

How do I add a game to my Collection of Trophy Case?

What is a Premium Membership and how do I get one?

I forgot my password, how do I reset?

How do I report a post or a gamer?
mine are correct.
TA - 3773 achievements
GTN - 3842 achievements
I have 69 app achievements.
3773 + 69 = 3842 achievements.

Musquito, I think you have more app acheivements than you think you have. And you don't add the challenges into the acheivements.

13687 - 13581 = 106 app achievements, check your apptastic badges progress and correct me if im wrong.
Originally Posted by Preludecris
I should ask the question on TA I guess. If I click my number of achievements on TA and count them manually, I have 13 627. (No I did not count them all myself, (50 achievements/page * 272 pages) + 27 achievements (last page).
Apptastic badge says 46 achievements.

It just so weird to see another number on different sites. Therefore my question: What is included in the number on Gamertag Nation?
Got another question: "Block/Report" is greyed out for me. Do we have to prove ourselves first or when can we block/report people?
Not that I want to do that right away, but it would be nice if someone spammed my inbox full, I could block him. (Not that I expect this on this nice community).
For what reasons should you report someone? Are there written rules that cannot be broken?
Got another question: "Block/Report" is greyed out for me. Do we have to prove ourselves first or when can we block/report people?
Not that I want to do that right away, but it would be nice if someone spammed my inbox full, I could block him. (Not that I expect this on this nice community).
For what reasons should you report someone? Are there written rules that cannot be broken?
Interesting? I can block you just fine...lol.. but seriously It says that I can, not greyed out for me, sometimes due to the nature of our profiles maybe a certain page on your profile may have that link broken, but for me I don't see it. Have you tried to mouse over it, because they look greyed out by default too.
Yes tried that all. It is greyed out and not clickable. Same for the submit game information.
Is the FAQ page usable at this point?
Originally Posted by Sentimentalnoos
NO, sorry. I have to correlate this information and then submit it to one on of our devs and then they need to do their thing, so I don't fore see this coming too soon, but I am working on it!!
NO, sorry. I have to correlate this information and then submit it to one on of our devs and then they need to do their thing, so I don't fore see this coming too soon, but I am working on it!!
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Thank you. I tried to use the link and got a blank page. Instead of posting in bugs I figured that I should ask here first.
Personal notes to self.

Pertaining to badges:
comments for badges,
Enthusiast badge requirements
help with mystery badges ?
I've Played 'Em All requirements?
Last edited 01-14-2015 at 02:51 PM by B8TINGU.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account