Harry Potter MMO (speculation)

Gaming Chat

Found 20 posts - Go to Last Post

EA has said that they are open to the idea of an HP MMO. Although i lost interest in the books and i gave up after the second film the idea of killing loads of HP fans in PVP does sound too good to resist. If PVP was included...

So, your thoughts? Would you try it out of one was made. Come on, when we all finished book one we all wished we were there in Hogwarts (i was 9 so thats normal).
This does sound really feasable! They'd have to reproduce a pretty large chunk of the UK to make it authentic, though!
Wouldn't they also have to produce Scandinavia too, because doesn't Voldemort go there at some point?!

(I'm such a fucking Harry Potter N3RD. Frown)
Wouldn't they also have to produce Scandinavia too, because doesn't Voldemort go there at some point?!

(I'm such a fucking Harry Potter N3RD. Frown)
Originally Posted by The Archanist
I believe that was Albania, which has nothing to do with Scandinavia.

(Is a bigger HP nerd. I suck.)
I believe that was Albania, which has nothing to do with Scandinavia.

(Is a bigger HP nerd. I suck.)
Originally Posted by Killak
I bow down to your pointless Harry Potter knowledge good sir!

And I also am terrible at Geography, more so than my friend who took Geography for his GCSEs though (I didn't, I'd rather do something that didn't bore me to death, like death).
You suck. Geography is important. Not something I'd invest in past GCSE level, but to the point where I know where most of the countries in the world are!
I'll work on it some day, I didn't think I needed it as a 13 year old back in the day.
Glance at an atlas once in a while, or play a spy Game with someone on Google Earth. Great way to learn.
Well they should make Hogwatrs as it is in the films i guess. the huge place in oxford.
Yeah i guess it sounds like a good idea.
I will make lots of people happy adults and kids alike.
Hopefully it would be done LOTRO style where the story of the books and yours are woven into one.
Yeah that would be pretty cool.

I think if they can pull the Graphics off and the other key features to the game then it will be a outstanding game (But i guess you can say that about any game).
a really geeky but funny feature would be the inclusion of a headset and you'd have to speak the latin name of the spell to cast it after pushing it's appropriate key. At least we'd learn another language in the process.
I guess it wouldn't be that hard to do.
They do it with the Rainbow six vagas games.
didnt like it in Vegas. Found i had to repeat myself before a reaction from the team. didnt try it with two as i got that on PS3.
Yeah but they would spend more time on it then they did in R6V as it would be a main feature. not just an extra. (They could make it both) But lets not get carried away as it is just speculation.
true, its still fun to specualte though and i would be surprised if the MMO was made. The actors wuld get a bit more money and so would Rowling and EA so its a win for all of them to do it.
As if Rowling needs more money goddammit!
yeah but admit it...would you turn down good money? shed get paid for going alog with the idea and for every copy sold she may get a cut. i wouldnt say no even if people thought i was a sellout.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account