Wii Sensor-Bar Rubber Band Mod to help with stability.

Gaming Chat

Found 15 posts - Go to Last Post

So I've come up with something (and no doubt others have thought of it too) to help keep the Wii Sensor-Bar in place without it skewing to the left or right (like it does on my TV).

By using a rubber band the friction between the rubber and the Plastic of the TV will keep it perfectly straight, and the good thing is that rubber bands are incredibly cheap, 5,000 rubber bands are approximately $3.50 (about £1.75)!

The band I use is quite small, I'm not sure about the difference in using a bigger rubber band.

The mod is simple to apply, just stretch the rubber band around the Sensor Bar, just behind the glossy sensor bit and Violá! you've successfully applied the mod.

It should look something like this:

After that, just place it back on your TV, and it should stay in place and not slide around on a point.

Example:

(note how the wire curves off to the left, without a rubber band, the bar will usually askew coinciding with the position of the wire)

And there you have it, a cheap and easy mod that doesn't look terrible (like Azuritereaction's Sock Mod). I personally really like the red stripe that my bar has now, not too sure how others will look though, beige isn't the greatest colour in the world.

P.S: I have a tiny TV :'(, it's the only size that will fit on my desk without having to move my computer's screen (which is just as tiny)
How long did it take to reach this epiphany? o_O
How long did it take to reach this epiphany? o_O
Originally Posted by Killak
I found this out by accident... Just put a rubber band on there because I had nowhere to put that band, and this happened!
I found this out by accident... Just put a rubber band on there because I had nowhere to put that band, and this happened!
Originally Posted by The Archanist
Now all you have to do is take it to the Dragon's den and get minted.
Now all you have to do is take it to the Dragon's den and get minted.
How would I pitch this?

"Hello Dragons, I'd like to talk to you about my invention for the Nintendo Wii, it's a rubber band!"

They'd be more than impressed.
No. You'd make a produce a nice looking one... like... a sturdy one, and call it the wiimaster 2000.
Or just a complete conversion of the Wii sensor bar made out of rubber...

Hmm, that could just work....
You're gonna get minted, eh?
I'm going to get seriously minted, because people will gladly spend 30/40 bucks for something that they think is going to help with there console.
LOL its nice and simple bluetac works as well lol.
LOL its nice and simple bluetac works as well lol.
Originally Posted by Autonamus
I've found Blutac to melt quite often when it's placed on surfaces that generate a lot of heat (like, say, a TV) so that's why I personally wouldn't use Blutac. And a colourful rubber band really brightens up that dull sensor bar's black and silver colours.
I've found Blutac to melt quite often when it's placed on surfaces that generate a lot of heat (like, say, a TV) so that's why I personally wouldn't use Blutac. And a colourful rubber band really brightens up that dull sensor bar's black and silver colours.
Originally Posted by The Archanist
Worst Advertising Ever.
Worst Advertising Ever.
Shouldn't those have full stops after each word

Like:
Worst.Advertising.Ever
No. I'm not ghetto enough for that.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account