How long for 10k (from Sunday start)?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 3 (8.82%) Day 1 Sunday - crush it

× 1 (2.94%) Day 2 Monday - why waste time

× 2 (5.88%) Day 3 Tuesday - get'er done

× 6 (17.65%) Day 4 Wednesday - because it's hump day

× 7 (20.59%) Day 5 Thursday - 2k a day sounds reasonable

× 7 (20.59%) Day 6 Friday - what took you so long?

× 5 (14.71%) Day 7 Saturday - cutting it close

× 3 (8.82%) Not going to happen, you're fooling yourself

• Added 08-04-2014 04:24 PM
  • 34 votes
I wasn't going to post this until the weekend, but it's a civic holiday here and I'm working, which means it's dead quiet and I've got a bit of time on my hands. I'll be starting my 2 week vacation on Aug 16, and will more than likely be doing a run at 10k the first week. If for some reason I don't start it on Sun Aug 17, it'll be the week after on the 24th. Either way, wondering how long people think it'll take for me to get to 10k? Keeping in mind I'm on vacation and have time on my hands, but plan on getting out end enjoying my time off as well. I'll probably try to post daily totals in this thread as I go along.
I give you 3 days in and your total for the week will be 12, 400 =)
I give you 3 days in and your total for the week will be 12, 400 =)
Originally Posted by Zombie In PJs
The other thing I have to think about is whether I want to blow through anything and everything I have, or hold back after I hit 10k in case they ever decide to do a 15-20k week to torture us some more.
The other thing I have to think about is whether I want to blow through anything and everything I have, or hold back after I hit 10k in case they ever decide to do a 15-20k week to torture us some more.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
That's very true. If they do decide to do that, I have plenty to play, you on the other hand...getting more and more limited...but the gamerscore looks great!
It all depends on the games you have to play
That's very true. If they do decide to do that, I have plenty to play, you on the other hand...getting more and more limited...but the gamerscore looks great!
Originally Posted by Zombie In PJs
There's always new stuff... Just a matter of when you use it.
That's the reason I think that badge should NEVER be in existence, IMHO.
Yeah, personally I think 10k is enough for most people; no matter what your gamerscore is, it'll still take some planning and effort to get done.
That's the reason I think that badge should NEVER be in existence, IMHO.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Build it and they will come...
Build it and they will come...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I'm counting on it.
I'm counting on it.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I still don't believe that you won't come to AF, but somehow you have enough time in a week to dedicate for a 15,20,25k run...
I still don't believe that you won't come to AF, but somehow you have enough time in a week to dedicate for a 15,20,25k run...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
To get probably a little to 'real' here for a second, my step son is 11 and has a whole multitude of health problems - the main one being cerebral palsy. As a result, the wife needs me to be there to help her out because he's too heavy for her to carry up and down the stairs, move to get a bath. His vision and hearing is poor, he can't communicate, he's wheelchair bound, etc etc etc. He's also 100% tube fed (he has a plug that goes into his stomach). So yeah, it's a little hard for me to get AWAY for vacations, particularly alone, because that puts more strain on her. Which I don't want to do.

Now to take a week off of work (I get 5 weeks vacation a year) for a stay-cation, where i just play games for 12-16 hours a day and still can help her with our son, that is possible. The only way I will be able to go to AF is if the little ones birth father has them that week over the summer and then just my wife and I could go. So yeah, chances are slim. We went to Hawaii in 2011 and Vegas last year. So maybe 2016 the stars will align again and I can convince her that Terre Haute is the place to be.
To get probably a little to 'real' here for a second, my step son is 11 and has a whole multitude of health problems - the main one being cerebral palsy. As a result, the wife needs me to be there to help her out because he's too heavy for her to carry up and down the stairs, move to get a bath. His vision and hearing is poor, he can't communicate, he's wheelchair bound, etc etc etc. He's also 100% tube fed (he has a plug that goes into his stomach). So yeah, it's a little hard for me to get AWAY for vacations, particularly alone, because that puts more strain on her. Which I don't want to do.

Now to take a week off of work (I get 5 weeks vacation a year) for a stay-cation, where i just play games for 12-16 hours a day and still can help her with our son, that is possible. The only way I will be able to go to AF is if the little ones birth father has them that week over the summer and then just my wife and I could go. So yeah, chances are slim. We went to Hawaii in 2011 and Vegas last year. So maybe 2016 the stars will align again and I can convince her that Terre Haute is the place to be.
Still would love to see you at AF, but now I really understand why you can't make it. Glad you can be there for your wife and step son, they are fortunate to have a man like you there for them.

Totally understand, would still like to have you make it out, but responsibilities come first. Good man.

maybe you two get away for a week once a year, i would think it would be hard to convince her to go away to watch you play video games for a vacation...lol or does she play and like watching you?
It all depends on the games you got but if you are serious Buck, then I say 4 days.
Don't expect to put up anything else tonight, so;
Start 377,341

EDIT: 377,351 based on first day scores. Not sure where the other 10 came from...
Last edited 08-18-2014 at 03:06 PM by Buckswana.
Don't expect to put up anything else tonight, so;
Start 377,341
400K or bust!
Let the games begin! Good luck buddy! Exclamation point!!

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account