Hotdogmcgee's Best Week Ever !/?

General Chat

Just after midnight central, so the start of Sunday morning, let's roll!! Daily updates as much as possible, so stay tuned. I won't be able to always break out a game by game gain, but I can at least start that way.

Starting Gamerscore: 368,710
Goal Gamerscore: 378,710
Current Gamerscore (to be updated regularly): 379165
Gamerscore to go: less than zero

Sunday, Day 1 (early stuff, a surprising 985 points)
Hulk Hogan Main Event 475
Spartan Assault (WP) 60
Spartan Assault (Win8) 55
Spartan Assault (xbla) 65
Microsoft Jackpot 10
Contrast 10
Dirt 2 160
Peggle 2 (Xbone) 150

Started off wonderfully, first the Kinect wouldn't calibrate and couldn't see my legs. Uno & Friends on my tablet has never actually worked, but all the achievements have always synced up with my phone's version, until tonight. Also need to figure out what all I can sync between the Spartan Assault versions still. Off to bed for now, big moves to make after several hours of sleep, if I can move enough to get out of bed.

(Sunday 5:10 Central, woke up at nearly noon, doh) Kinect still isn't tracking great, but thanks to the kids help I was able to knock out a ton of points in Chipwrecked, and then cleaned up some more Main Event. Buckswana jumped on to help me nearly insta-pop the co-op achievements in Spartan Assualt that carried over from out X1 play. Got the rest of the bulk points I've been queuing up to work through today

Chipwrecked 600
Spartan Assault (xbla) 160
Jackpot 30
Main Event 325
Sesame Street OUAM 600

Dinner time, and bonus points from Sesame Street OUAM, forgot all about this game and hadn't planned on using it, but there's an extra 600 points before moving the couch back and being done with all things Kinect. Also ended up with more than planned in both Main Event and Chipwrecked. After dinner, time to mini Ninja and Family Feud it until bed time.

Ow, I hurt, bedtime now. Cleaning up Family Feud through the week as much as possible, plus any other misc/random achievements I can get before Thursday. At the 24 hour mark, I was at 3240 for the day, which is better than I hoped for. With Family Feud I should be at 4k headed to Achievement Fest.

Adrenaline Misfits 80
Mini Ninjas 500
Ibuprofen 8

Monday - Game by game updates are out the window, too much bouncing around to keep track. Finished off Brink, grabbed some more Jackpot, and started through the Feud's. Also tried some Disney Fairies, but the tablet was already laggy from Jackpot running for over an hour. Current total gain: 3720

Tuesday - Nearly completed Family Feud, a quick 50 in Hitman, and swiped the FIL Android phone to knock out wordament real quick. Got a ton of Mahjong and Minesweeper done on the phone too, which was not something that was planned. Tried and failed the rat contraption again in Disney Fairies. For tomorrow, the last couple of games in FF, plus try to get through the last episode in Fairies for a 2-300 burst before catching the plane to Indy on Thursday morning. That's where the real work will be done. Total gain 4230, greatly exceeding my planned 2-3k head start, and even my hopeful 4k start before Achievement Fest.

Wednesday - small update today, only 100 in Family Feud, gotta take it with me to AF to get the last 75 that is nearly ready, if I need it. Might try to sneak in some Disney Fairies, but there's a dozen people in my house right now making a ton of noise.

Thursday - how do you say points in Japanese?

Friday - aaannd done. Everything now is just bonus
Last edited 07-19-2014 at 12:46 AM by Hotdogmcgee.
Good luck man! I hope you get it.
So the "new week" starts on Sunday and not Monday to Sunday night? And is it your local time or the sites local time? Thanks for the information. I don't mean to stray from your topic. =)
The week runs Sunday to Saturday Site Time (Central Time).
good luck. I want to try for this badge, but things keep getting in the way
That's a great start... Sorry you had to play Hulk Hogan...
Dacoto, thanks for the confirmation. I might try this...I am pretty sure I could get it done, my wife glares at my attempt.
Dacoto, thanks for the confirmation. I might try this...I am pretty sure I could get it done, my wife glares at my attempt.
Originally Posted by Zombie In PJs
Do what I did, tell the wife a week+ in advance what amount of time you'll need to do what you need to do. Spend enough advance time to plan out and queue up as many big achievements as you can that can be quickly and easily unlocked. (For example, I spent the last week playing through mini-ninjas to get to the last level and knock out 440 points with one level and a boss fight).

The day or two before the attempt, spend as much time as necessary getting everything done for the family, house, and wife so that you can focus on your week of play. Saturday was rough, as we went to 3 stores, did massive amounts of grocery shopping, and all the yard work and chores, as well as building 2 sets of storage shelves for the kids. I basically said, whatever needs to be done has to be done Saturday because I'll be spending all day Sunday playing games. Having Achievement Fest this week was the only way I could potentially get this done, with the access to an entire game store worth of games and a couple full days of nothing but gaming.

Not sure how your wife handles it, but for me, telling her ahead of what I was planning to do allowed me to realistically get everything done so I could spend the time I needed on games. We've also got her family coming into town this week, so Tuesday and Wednesday are pretty much eliminated as available to play.
I think I need to start stockpiling points like that so I can drop them next year's AF. Hopefully by then there will be badges for 15k, 20k, 25k.
I think I need to start stockpiling points like that so I can drop them next year's AF. Hopefully by then there will be badges for 15k, 20k, 25k.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I've since decided those badges would be bad for my health.
That's a great start... Sorry you had to play Hulk Hogan...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Great game on Kinect :-)
3280 in 24ish hours, better than I expected and just as painful. The first day is now done.
3280 in 24ish hours, better than I expected and just as painful. The first day is now done.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Great start. As expected, you'll have no problem getting 10k
Good job Hotdogmcgee! You will be there in no time. Thanks for the insight to the game/family balance too. My wife generally handles it pretty well, if I let her know what's about to happen haha.

With all the games I've missed over the past year I should have no problem getting it done.

Keep up the solid work and have fun at AF14.
Good job Hotdogmcgee! You will be there in no time. Thanks for the insight to the game/family balance too. My wife generally handles it pretty well, if I let her know what's about to happen haha.

With all the games I've missed over the past year I should have no problem getting it done.

Keep up the solid work and have fun at AF14.
Originally Posted by Zombie In PJs

Now that I know better who you are, just tell her it's all part of a secret mission and has to be done for the good of humanity

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account