Completion Percentage???

Feature Requests

Found 17 posts - Go to Last Post

Okay, I'm checking 4 different sites(xbox.com/TA/360v) and this one, but I can't find a sum total of Gamerscore including all games. Anybody know where to find this?

My request in two parts. First, show the denominator in the percentage calculation. Second, show the completion percentage as a decimal? Maybe out to 3 places. Mine shows 48%, but that could be from 47.500% to 48.499%. At almost 400k, that means up to a 4000 point variation in my score.
Whoops bad math, my denominator is closer to 815k, so the point variation is really 8000 per percent.
I don't think it's possible to keep up with the ever growing library. Every chance you get to do the math, it will be different almost daily with all the new releases.
Okay, I'm checking 4 different sites(xbox.com/TA/360v) and this one, but I can't find a sum total of Gamerscore including all games. Anybody know where to find this?

My request in two parts. First, show the denominator in the percentage calculation. Second, show the completion percentage as a decimal? Maybe out to 3 places. Mine shows 48%, but that could be from 47.500% to 48.499%. At almost 400k, that means up to a 4000 point variation in my score.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
One of TA's completion percentages is based on Achievement count, though, not gamerscore.
That sounds like a lot of math, but I hear where you are coming from. Futiles, as always, makes a good point about how TA handles their percentages.
I think TA is still your best bet, even though they don't have sums on those tables. Just glancing at their list, we have about

~1600 retail = 1,600,000 G
~1100 arcade = 1,100,000 G
Total of (at least) 2.7M G

That's not counting DLC or all the 400 point games, all the 50 point games, games with broken achievements, etc. BUT it does cover all the regions and unreleased games that they have stubs for.
I don't think it's possible to keep up with the ever growing library. Every chance you get to do the math, it will be different almost daily with all the new releases.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
I mean my own personal completion percentage of the games I have played. I can't find that total anywhere else.
I mean my own personal completion percentage of the games I have played. I can't find that total anywhere else.
Oh that's actually easy, go to stats on TA and look at the very bottom. Change your dropdowns to all time and gamerscore.
Fsh must have his setting different somewhere: Fshguy has a GamerScore of 389,953 out of a possible 638,750 (61.05% Completion - 248,797 remaining)

So, that is a lot less than his 815K thought.
Fsh must have his setting different somewhere: Fshguy has a GamerScore of 389,953 out of a possible 638,750 (61.05% Completion - 248,797 remaining)

So, that is a lot less than his 815K thought.
Originally Posted by futiles
That's the difference for me between having 0 gamerscore games counting and not.
That's the difference for me between having 0 gamerscore games counting and not.
That's because TA doesn't include a game on your card until they scan at least one achievement earned.
That's because TA doesn't include a game on your card until they scan at least one achievement earned.
Originally Posted by futiles
Ergo, the need to see the number since I can't find it anywhere else.
Ergo, the need to see the number since I can't find it anywhere else.
Tell me why we need such a precise stat calculation? Ok I'm not trying to rain on anyones parade here or cause some hate, but let me play devils advocate here: In the long run or big picture of things, how many gamers really look at this compared to how many gamers that don't really care about that? Yes it's a cool stat but if you are in the minority of say dozen or so gamers on this site that really care about this as compared to nearly four thousand that don't.
I'm guessing he only cares because there are badges tied to it.
Tell me why we need such a precise stat calculation? Ok I'm not trying to rain on anyones parade here or cause some hate, but let me play devils advocate here: In the long run or big picture of things, how many gamers really look at this compared to how many gamers that don't really care about that? Yes it's a cool stat but if you are in the minority of say dozen or so gamers on this site that really care about this as compared to nearly four thousand that don't.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Well, there is a badge tied to it. There are a lot more completionists out that probably care more than I do about the actual percentage and whether it goes up or down. There is a chart associated with the percentage which is the most boring chart in the world since it probably won't move.
Fsh has a great point on how much of a swing there is in the math on a hard percentage. Especially if people are trying to hit the benchmarks for badges. No two sites seem to calculate things the same, and as such, having a 2 or 3 decimal point number will help greatly in knowing just where we are at in these endeavors.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Well, it is THIS SITE'S stat. And, as previous people have stated, there are badges tied to that stat.

So, if GTN is going to award completion percentage based on all games on your gamercard, whether at 0 earned or not, then GTN should also provide each gamer with what GTN sees as their Base Possible Gamerscore (Total Gamerscore Possible in All Games Played), giving them a firm number as to what represents 1% in completion percentage increase.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account