New and Improved ACHIEVEMENT Challenge/Competition (rolling)

Gaming Chat

Hey all!

****EDIT UPDATE 8-28-14******

Both competitions for Cahotickillas badges are now officially closed,, due to his departure.

Zombie in Pjs is now the challenge master and his badge is the new one to get.

Sorry for the confusion is there ever was any congrats to those that managed any of these elusive badges. I wish it could have been better.
Last edited 08-29-2014 at 03:26 AM by B8TINGU.
Just to clear, the individual achievement name has to start with that letter, not just an achievement within a game of the corresponding letter?

You want this:
A complete Set in AC3
Back-Door Action in Just Cause
Caravan Master in Fallout: new Vegas
De Rol Le Slayer in Phantasy Star Universe
Early Bird in Summer Athletics

and not this:
Alpha Protocol
Band of Bugs
Call of Duty
Dark Souls
Earth Defense Force xxxx
"I'm actually tinkering with the idea of removing any one who already has both badge's, just to give everyone a chance.. any thoughts on this would be appreciated. "

No need to remove them, if such a person wins, the prize rolls down to the next highest position that doesn't have a badge.
I would prefer if the competitor could block someone from getting badges. Otherwise, what is my motivation to even been in the challenges after I've gotten my badge? So I can say, well you won, but only because I already have the badge! If you change it, eventually everyone gets the badge, which is stupid. 5 months from now the 6th ranked guy gets the badge for winning a monthly competition? If you want a badge, you need to win. Period.
I would prefer if the competitor could block someone from getting badges. Otherwise, what is my motivation to even been in the challenges after I've gotten my badge? So I can say, well you won, but only because I already have the badge! If you change it, eventually everyone gets the badge, which is stupid. 5 months from now the 6th ranked guy gets the badge for winning a monthly competition? If you want a badge, you need to win. Period.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Then it's no longer a friendly competition. It turns into Jason3535 playing the game 24-7 just to C Block everyone else from being able to be #1.

Do we really want to have these become the next Fight Night/Quake 4/LP2/insert BS non-resetting leaderboard achievement game here?
It's still friendly, if we all win it's not even a competition.
Just to clear, the individual achievement name has to start with that letter, not just an achievement within a game of the corresponding letter?

You want this:
A complete Set in AC3
Back-Door Action in Just Cause
Caravan Master in Fallout: new Vegas
De Rol Le Slayer in Phantasy Star Universe
Early Bird in Summer Athletics

and not this:
Alpha Protocol
Band of Bugs
Call of Duty
Dark Souls
Earth Defense Force xxxx
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Yes this is completely true its for achievements I was going to do something really hokey but it would've Ben a little too far out there for just a badge.. So I tried to keep it a smidge simpler. If it were just for games I would require more games to be played....but it gives me an idea for another challenge...
So curious what happens after 10 of us have the 5 achievements after the second day?
I prefer a very competition and a scanning daily also for not premium member
So curious what happens after 10 of us have the 5 achievements after the second day?
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Well sir, I look at the time stamps and figure who got it first and he who did wins! IF there is more than one I'll default and give both the badge just for pulling off a one in a million time stamp if there are more than three we go to super over tie death match.. you don't want to know about that...(think the PURGE) lol.. really though I will issue a secondary challenge to the (how ever many) timestamped at the exact time and we'll go from there. If you mean If you win it in one day then the challenge ends on day one (and I think of something even worse for next month!!)
I prefer a very competition and a scanning daily also for not premium member
Originally Posted by QuiCkz Ninja
If your implying this is for premium members only, that is not the case, but being premium does curb this challenge doesn't it? Something I will have to think about the next go around...and time stamps...but, even if your not a premium member and you win before the premium member but premium members show first and claim victory, that may not be the case either. Yes if your a premium member you can get scanned first but it doesn't mean your Xbox live timestamps will be any sooner that a non premium member. So, who ever claims victory first weather it be a premium or non premium member the time stamps on your xbox live profile will be the ultimate determining factor. Meaning who ever claims victory may have to wait a day or two until all the data can be looked at.
My scanning profile for last competition is ended yesterday
My scanning profile for last competition is ended yesterday
Originally Posted by QuiCkz Ninja
I think what he is saying is that it took until today to catch up with all of his achievements, so cutting off the competition before everything is scanned in puts him at a disadvantage against a premium member that can force a scan. So at least with last month, I was watching by hand and it was really like 170 achievements to roughly 130. I think it's really just the wording that it all has to be scanned on the last day that could be a problem when the scanners are not able to keep up right now.
I think what he is saying is that it took until today to catch up with all of his achievements, so cutting off the competition before everything is scanned in puts him at a disadvantage against a premium member that can force a scan. So at least with last month, I was watching by hand and it was really like 170 achievements to roughly 130. I think it's really just the wording that it all has to be scanned on the last day that could be a problem when the scanners are not able to keep up right now.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
^^ This. Anything based on the site's scanners is tilted towards premium members.
^^ This. Anything based on the site's scanners is tilted towards premium members.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Not so, because as B8tingU (btw, from now on I'm just calling him B8) a winner isn't crowned without looking at everyone and making sure there are no contenders. The leaderboard here isn't the definitive final say, that is your timestamps on xbox.com. When I won, it was prior to the site having xbox one tracking and that was a nightmare considering it was an xbox one challenge and it was tracking other achievements.

My point it, don't worry, the staff will sort it out, it'll just be slower unless there is a clear cut winner.
Ok, maybe I should have isolated the part about FSH talking about the wording instead of being lazy and just quoting the whole thing. My bad.
So is this a 1 day challenge then? To take place on August 1st? 1st person with timestamped A-E achs?
Are we basing time of the 1st on GMT?
Originally Posted by N1ghtmareb4xmas
The challenge starts and ends according to GTN's time schedule.
So is this a 1 day challenge then? To take place on August 1st? 1st person with timestamped A-E achs?
Originally Posted by CKinAL
No this challenge runs until it's completed by one person. If that is only one day then it's only one day if it takes a week or a month then it takes that long, but if by September 1st there is no winner, the badge for the month of August will be forfeit and no one will gain it.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account