Original XBOX games?

Feature Requests

Found 10 posts - Go to Last Post

So, just an idea, so don't hate on me too much.. but I was just thinking.. to integrate the original X Box Games (1st Gen) on the site.. I know there is no tracking for them, but it would be nice to have them listed as in your collection.

I can see this being shot down by the Non collectors which is ok by me like I said it's just one of those zany ideas..
I would actually participate if the games were added, but I'm wondering exactly how would it be done? I have all my old games too, and it would be nice, since my gtag was the same then as it is now. Good, interesting idea.
Thanks, I know it's a n idea on the verge of greatness! ..lol.. This is where the cool ideas are supposed to pour in and you guys n gals are supposed to help me find the right wy to integrate this...I've been thinking of ways to make this happen, I know that when you put the older gen games in your 360 and had the update for the backwards compatibility that there is something of a record on your Xbox profile, but I wander if that is able to be tracked or if it was some piece of generic code.. I know there wasn't a great deal of effort of thought put in to this by MS as it didn't ID the game you were playing and not a lot of the older gen, games were backward compatible..

So this leaves me to the conclusion.. that if and that's a big if or slim one depending on how you look at it.. IF this were to happen, then it would most certainly have to be manually imputed by the user. Probably not the greatest of ideas, but I think there may be some room for improvement. I'd like to see just a game page with information on the game, maybe user generated information? Pics, synopsis, cover art? things like that and then you could check a box if you own it or played it or beat it.. then your avatar would show up on it in a list like the ones for recent players or friends activity here for the 360 games..

Help me out here..
I personally track my games in two places..

My own Google doc which is of course free, and
Collectorz.com which is absolutely NOT free!

Obviously if this site added Xbox games I would probably used it, but it wouldn't replace either of the above options unless they added ALL games ever.
We bought the collectorz software, very nice stuff
I personally track my games in two places..

My own Google doc which is of course free, and
Collectorz.com which is absolutely NOT free!

Obviously if this site added Xbox games I would probably used it, but it wouldn't replace either of the above options unless they added ALL games ever.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Well personally I use:
http://backloggery.com/B8TINGU
and this IS FREE! You can track ALL your games, but you have to manually add them all, still its a good site for it, when I first started I had about 8 systems and 1000 games and input them over a few weeks, then I sold everything and went XBox exclusively, so I had to go back and take out all the old games...lol.. Another few weeks, but now that its all set, it well worth it. Just don't expect to do much over there, not a very social site as here.

BTW I didn't see any 360 games in your collection....and how exactly do you track your games? Do you have to manually enter them? $25 a yearly fee? Speaking of the collectorz stuff not the google doc.
Last edited 04-14-2014 at 06:47 PM by B8TINGU.
Well personally I use:
http://backloggery.com/B8TINGU
and this IS FREE! You can track ALL your games, but you have to manually add them all, still its a good site for it, when I first started I had about 8 systems and 1000 games and input them over a few weeks, then I sold everything and went XBox exclusively, so I had to go back and take out all the old games...lol.. Another few weeks, but now that its all set, it well worth it. Just don't expect to do much over there, not a very social site as here.

BTW I didn't see any 360 games in your collection....and how exactly do you track your games? Do you have to manually enter them? $25 a yearly fee? Speaking of the collectorz stuff not the google doc.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Oh yeah, I have a backloggery login too. I forgot about that one, didn't care for it.

I simply haven't put the 360 games in yet, I have lots more games to enter, but the reason I bought the collectorz stuff was specifically to get my comics cataloged. But then of course I saw the game stuff and got easily distracted since i haven't been into comics for nearly 20 years. As for input, they have scanner software you can buy (of course, everything is expensive with them for like $8), but I bought their mobile software (another $15) so I can scan the barcode with my iPad and it goes right into the collection.

All of this is piecemeal nickle and dime you stuff with them. I like it because their database is good. The $25 a year upgrade thing I don't know yet since I've only had it for 2 weeks, but I bet I don't need that. The software was $30 and that's all I would recommend. Then just put them in manually.
Oh yeah, on the comics front, which as I mentioned was the entire reason I got sucked into their software, it turns out that's not even that good. Many many of my comics don't have bar codes because they often have little pictures in that place if you buy direct, or the barcode is on the back, but I was having a hard time scanning these because of the glare of the poly bag. Manually entering them is just faster at this point.

So the entire rabbit hole of me wanting something I could scan the comics in fast with a mobile device turned into my spending $75 on various software and still entering things manually. Jokes on me I guess.
Oh yeah, on the comics front, which as I mentioned was the entire reason I got sucked into their software, it turns out that's not even that good. Many many of my comics don't have bar codes because they often have little pictures in that place if you buy direct, or the barcode is on the back, but I was having a hard time scanning these because of the glare of the poly bag. Manually entering them is just faster at this point.

So the entire rabbit hole of me wanting something I could scan the comics in fast with a mobile device turned into my spending $75 on various software and still entering things manually. Jokes on me I guess.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I've made worse/more expensive mistakes...trust you me....
Ugh, I just went and threw my Xbox One games in backloggery and I now remember why I stopped using that site. There's no database of games backing the data! Best database I've found is at Moby Games. Oh well, I'm already over backloggery again.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account