Found 15 posts - Go to Last Post

So after getting a RAM upgrade i decided to put on The Witcher again and I must admit that so far I'm impressed. Sure you dont get a really customisable character but the story seems to hold up, the script is better than other games and I can actually feel involved with what's going on. The combat system is something new and mixing potions and trying them out is a fun experience too.

It's certainly a game worth looking into if you are waiting for some newer games to come out and the requirements aren't too demanding. I had to play on all low before (now high) and it still looked good.

The quests at the start may seem a bit go and fetchy but if you know anything about western RPGs then its almost expected and required. But once again the story draws you in so you can forgive.

There is a choice system but in the one instance I've had so far that requires it and obviously has an impact on the story the choices are limited. Good and bad, no in between and you would feel bad for choosing the bad ones. I mean it was pretty much a choice between saving the one person who was any help to you during the quest or have them burned. Hopefully this expands later on.
I personally give the game a 9. It's riveting... I really hope for a second one. Good voice acting, and a brilliant script accompany this gripping storyline!
I wouldn't say a brilliant script. Geralt uses "let's go", "We'll see" "I'd stop that if I were you" (or similar phrase) so often its making me tired hearing them but apart from that it's quite good.
Is this before or after they re-patched the game to make it better?

because I heard it was awful in it's original release form.
i got the patch and it works smoothly, no problems at all.
I haven't got the patch, and I still love it!
It got some terrible scores in magazines because of how broken it was before the patch

should be better now the patch has been (allegedly) released.
well i got the most recent obviously so ive had no problems. all reviews did say that although the game was great there were some flaws but now fixed. If Age of Conan (now reviewed and raped by ZP) goes the same way i might try it in a couple of months.
Man, I just read "The Last Wish", the book the game was based on. Not very long, but a fucking good read! I LOVED it! And considering I've got a couple hundred books, that's saying a lot!

Yes Billy, I'll lend it to you.
No need to be a wanker, mate...
True... Anyway, what do you think of the battle/levelling system?
the combat is good but nothing special as its basically the same swings in all stances. the leveling system is ok but something a bit more user friendly on the eyes would have been helpful.
The enhanced edition is now available for free of you own the game. if not then you can still buy it in stores.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account