Found 18 posts - Go to Last Post

Well seeing as it's now official and all.

Diablo III

What's amazing is that the game has been in the making since 2004 and Blizzard have kept their mouths shut until now with no leaks, rumours but no actual confirmation until this date.

On the site you'll find back story, screens, a couple of vids (one of game play). For some reason I'm excited too. Damn Blizzard, hyping everything.

No release date yet but I wouldn't be surprised if we only had to wait a couple of years at most. But then again....it's Blizzard.

For those wondering D3 is shipping for the Mac as well on the same release date. Most likely WoW where there's only one edition that works on both but either way Mac users will be able to play.
I actually wasn't really expecting this at all, especially with all the evidence leaning away from the announcement being Diablo 3. But, the hype machine has got me hooked and I'm really excited for this.

The 15-minute gameplay video is absolutely amazing, the game looks awesome.
Last edited 06-28-2008 at 02:58 PM by Kwanza.
I was never a Diablo player, mostly because I was late to the whole PC gaming scene. Diablo III may be worthy though, I'll just have to slowly dive into the details as they become released. If I am going to get addicted to new PC game, it might as well be around launch day. Smile
I want this game so much.

I'm so annoyed that Blizzard are such perfectionists, and won't release it for at least another 1/2 year(s).

I have a love/hate relationship with Blizzards release dates, I love it because the games are released with such perfection that make them great. But hate them so much because they take so long to release those great games.

Can't do shit about it though, unfortunately.
Yeah, but in the end, I'd love the games to be perfect rather than roughshod...
its better that they perfect it...for the fans that is. people have been waiting around ten years for this and some are already pissed at the WoW like graphics. But i find that a good thing. The reason Blizzard sales are so high is due to lowish specs that anyone can have....and also Crysis' main folly up until now.
Yeah but Crysis is still in the charts because people are only gradually buying computers that can actually run the game, so as time goes on, Crysis will make a lot more money in the future.

If the Specs on Diablo III are going to be WoW-like, then I'm going to have to guess that it's going to work on my P.O.S of a computer.

Horray for Blizzard not going for ridiculous graphical specs, although it may receive a graphical up-date as time goes by, we've only seen the first of what is going to be many, many game-play trailers and screen-shots, and the games not being released for a long time anyway.
yeah it was pretty much a game made to be played rounf about now to the end of the year. Desktops can now certainly handle it and my new laptop will be able to run it smoothly as well.

Blizzard are a prime example that graphics can't make a game. They sure do help but never make it. I played Warcraft Orcs and Humans for hours.
Well I've played Diablo 2 for many, many, many hours even though the graphics are just about near-3D. It was still one of the best gaming experiences of my life though.
will probably play it near to the release of the third. too many games i want to play now.
I'll lend it to you, man. I have it and the expansions. Hell, I'll give it to you as part of your BDay present. Enjoy, man.
dont try it i lent those to you. but its time you gave them back seeing as you dont like them.
Hahaha,

But seriously, you should play it Billy, maybe we should get online and play it together.

It's hell-a fun when you play it with a mate for sho'.
dont try it i lent those to you. but its time you gave them back seeing as you dont like them.
Originally Posted by Blank Planet
What are you on about! I swear I bought those from Game! It was buy one get one half price.... o_O

I remember you lent me something else, though...
i remember giving them to you cos i had both as well and dint like them but you wanted them so i gave them to you.

...and the other game was BF Vietnam.
i remember giving them to you cos i had both as well and dint like them but you wanted them so i gave them to you.

...and the other game was BF Vietnam.
Originally Posted by Blank Planet
Nono! YOu gave me Nam for my Bday, In think.... o_O

And I remember buying Diablo. Whatever. I'll give em to you anyway... I've already got you your Bday present anyway, so it really makes no difference.
i dont see why so many people are making a deal over the D3 graphics. Personally i think it suites the game. If we go "gritty" we'll get the "Dark Dungeon, The Other Dark Dungeon and The Return of the Dark Dungeon" syndrome and then who'll be complaining? Then there are the people who say it looks like WoW which is just ignorant as i was playing WoW a few minutes ago, looked at D3 graphics and saw hardly any similarity. D3 has sharper graphics with better textures whereas WoW is more of a fantasy novel cartoon thing. Both work great for the respective game.

Heres a vid showing all three games and the evolution between old and new.

Gametrailers.com - Diablo 3 - Gameplay Evolution
Diablo III: Blizzard Looking for New Diablo III Art Director

Interesting development. The Art Director of the game has left which obviously led to all the ranting about the art style. Some people want it all black and gray. I think the new colour scheme is good, too many "dark" games these days like Gears and Killzone. Resistance had its share in places. Its not to say anything bad as the graphics set a mood, they wanted to be fritty and Blizzard are pulling away from that much to some fans' dismay.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account