Gaming Chat

Found 11 posts - Go to Last Post

r u here juss to vote

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 31 (88.57%) yes

× 4 (11.43%) no

• Added 07-26-2015 02:24 AM
  • 35 votes
how do you explain to a non gamer what is dlc?
how do you explain to a non gamer what is dlc?
Originally Posted by assassincreed83
i ask cuz theyre been a few times i got caught in the question an sometimes cant explain things very will but next time i wanted to b prepare
DLC = downloadable content

Extra content credit to add to your experience. It can be as simple as new clothes or vehicle or as much as extra levels.
What Kaen said, but I also like to say DLC is content that should be included with the game at lunch, but the developers have found a way to squeeze more money out of you by making you believe you are extending your gaming experience. Example: Destiny
As defined by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downloadable_content

Downloadable content (DLC) is additional content created for a released video game. It is distributed through the Internet by the game's official publisher or other third party content producers. Downloadable content can be of several types, ranging from aesthetic outfit changes to a new, extensive storyline, similar to an expansion pack. As such, DLC may add new game modes, objects, levels, challenges or other features to a complete and already released game.

So yea basically what those guys said.. of course I always looked at is as It's extra content you don't get when you initially buy a game on disc. It's used to be that way predominantly but now with digital downloads it can all be considered DLC.

The main thing though is that it is extra content that you normally don't get with the initial purchase of the game.
Yay, free poll!

But actually, I tell them it is additional content not origially released with a game but released digitally via download, that often requires a smaller additional purchase - all designed to enhance the experience of the game in some way.
Well as the other posts have clearly stated what dlc is, I prefer dlc/ season passes rather than the micro transactions that don't really add anything to the game just a way to squeeze more $$$ out of gamers.
Well as the other posts have clearly stated what dlc is, I prefer dlc/ season passes rather than the micro transactions that don't really add anything to the game just a way to squeeze more $$$ out of gamers.
Originally Posted by Homeless Messia
I actually like this reply a lot better than mine...lol.
Originally Posted by Homeless Messia
Games are fun for us, but they are a business and should be trying to make money. I can't think of any DLC that you HAD to buy. Well maybe if you say you have to buy it to get all of the achievements, there are a few examples of poorly implemented achievements (i.e. Aquazone).

Horse armor, avatar items, skins, whatever.. just don't buy it. Simple.
I guess I appreciate the concept of DLC more because of the generation of consoles that I began my gaming with. When you bought a game long, short, broken, fun, frustrating etc. That was it. I don't subscribe to the idea that all DLC is ready to go when the game ships or that it was content that was held back to be monetized immediately, is this unfortunately the case for some....yes and yes that does suck. But I can give you a lot of examples of DLC that came well after the original release of the game that enhanced and added value to MY gaming experience. Shivering Isles for Oblivion comes to mind.
I guess I appreciate the concept of DLC more because of the generation of consoles that I began my gaming with. When you bought a game long, short, broken, fun, frustrating etc. That was it. I don't subscribe to the idea that all DLC is ready to go when the game ships or that it was content that was held back to be monetized immediately, is this unfortunately the case for some....yes and yes that does suck. But I can give you a lot of examples of DLC that came well after the original release of the game that enhanced and added value to MY gaming experience. Shivering Isles for Oblivion comes to mind.
Originally Posted by DJ Psyanyde
You and Kaens are both right, I did want more of TES and the DLC certain gave it to you and your absolutely right about adding to the game play. It's like buying an extension for the game. As an achievement hunter I look first to see if any of the DLC has achievements attached to it, then the price as compared to bow much Inactually like the game.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account