Add a "Walkthrough" for games

Feature Requests

Found 22 posts - Go to Last Post

Planned
I may just be missing this; I see that there are some video walkthroughs posted in the video section for some games. I'd like to see a specific section for us to add a walkthrough; unless we're supposed to put video walkthroughs in the video section and text based in the games' forums.
Guess I should have clicked that "view all results" button on the search bar....
Disregard.
Guess I should have clicked that "view all results" button on the search bar....
Disregard.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Nah, it's still a good idea, I just get tired of always saying, "I asked for that ages ago."
Nah, it's still a good idea, I just get tired of always saying, "I asked for that ages ago."
Originally Posted by Kaens
Being that no one has posted in the other thread in quite some time, maybe a new thread would help get it implemented.
Being that no one has posted in the other thread in quite some time, maybe a new thread would help get it implemented.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
I think you're right about this, I've always said the more people we have asking the faster it will get looked at. This may also already be on Eric's wish list, but even he has to prioritize his time and projects that will give GTN the best fighting chance and draw for new members. Personally though I like this idea alot. People want walkedthroughs and the better quality of one will make people want to use GTN more than other sites.
Well I always say, or at the very least I'm going to start saying now, "If Eric just did everything I asked there would be less requests for features."
Well I always say, or at the very least I'm going to start saying now, "If Eric just did everything I asked there would be less requests for features."
It's just that easy.
Status changed to 'Planned' - I need to resurrect the old guides feature. That enabled you to create multipage guides and walkthroughs.
Sweet. In that case, I'll hold off bringing my other walkthroughs over. Once this is up, I'll take my World Gone Sour walkthrough from the game's forum and put it into its walkthrough/guide section.

As a side note, after looking through the other thread, I personally agree with the comments about having some degree of consistency or formatting. I also agree that badges, if used at all for the walkthroughs, should be limited. I remember when I first signed up on the site that there were some that would post countless "news" stories in an effort to get the badges for forum post counts. I'd hate to see a flood of poorly written or unhelpful walkthroughs just to inflate numbers.
They should maybe be reviewed and approved like Videos then.
Last edited 05-14-2016 at 05:30 PM by MarvzMitts.
An official walkthrough team that post high quality walkthroughs on behalf of GTN.
I like everything I'm hearing, I for one will not post or prove a poorly written walkthough so beware this will be strictly enforced.
Not necessarily a team just to create them. I think that TA is on the right track letting users who actually play the games write them, but a team to insure the quality of the products. If there was an agreed upon style or format for the walkthrougs, I think that would be a major step towards ensuring the quality. Or, perhaps, more than one walkthrough type? Something like detailed story walkthroughs that may give you help with more than just the game's achievements (say, like Brothers, who's story continues are the final achievement is unlocked). And simple achievement guide walkthroughs that may offer a spoiler free guide to getting the achievements.
Maybe like min of 1000 words with excellent SPAG?
I don't think we necessarily need a "team" to create walkthroughs. I was more thinking of the user generated walkthrough. There doesn't need to be a restriction on format either as long as it is well written. Also no limiting the number of words as some games will need more than others. He'll I wrote a walkthrough for Legendary and shorthanded it, it still clocked in over 1000 words. I never completed that walkthrough nor posted it,but it can translate to a guide. Guide, walkthrough same thing really. I think guide is just on point basic information to get what you need as fast as possible and a walkthrough would be a little more in-depth.

The real point I'm making is a team may not have all played the game so it would be hard to collaborate on a guide/WT. Now if you mean something like quality control for grammar and such maybe even continuity then yes, but that team would probably end up being the staff embers here, unless Eric wanted something different.
This is so simple, you guys over complicate things. GTN is tiny, there are no teams of staff, it has to be user generated content and you need to make it as low barrier to entry to get volume. So anyone should be able to post guides, just like the reviews, and people should be able to thumbs up/down on them. Done, stop dreaming.
This is so simple, you guys over complicate things. GTN is tiny, there are no teams of staff, it has to be user generated content and you need to make it as low barrier to entry to get volume. So anyone should be able to post guides, just like the reviews, and people should be able to thumbs up/down on them. Done, stop dreaming.
Yes, that is my sentiments exactly, I was just pointing out that a badly written guide will not be tolerated.
Yes, that is my sentiments exactly, I was just pointing out that a badly written guide will not be tolerated.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Just remember that some users are foreign and english is not their first language. It upsets me when I see on TA people rage on these people, as long as it is somewhat understandable it should be approved.
Kaens said it too votes, if a walkthrough has way too many down votes don't use that guide.
Users post guides in game forums and if good enough the staff can add to a walkthrough page?

Plus isnt a walkthrough an achievement guide as im unsure why we would need a full guide and individual guides as we would just be duplicating things.

I like the idea of what xba do with road maps which we could add

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account