Xbox One Preview Program?

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 22 posts - Go to Last Post

Is this program still invite only? If so is it possible to start a new invite page similar to this one --->http://www.gamertagnation.com/xbox-o...post-here.html

Gamertag - Vovgumby79

Thanks in advance!
This is what got me interested - "Wooow! No one really expected this, but Microsoft just announced backward compatibility for the Xbox One, meaning Xbox 360 games will finally start working on Microsoft’s latest-generation console.
Microsoft’s E3 press conference is underway and the company kicked things off with a bang. Beginning today, Xbox One owners in the company’s beta program will be able to play any one of more than 100 Xbox 360 titles on the Xbox One.
The new feature will launch for the public this holiday season, but not all previous-gen Xbox 360 games will work; Microsoft will have to add the updated games to its store.And of course, Xbox One users will only have access to Xbox 360 games they’ve purchased in the past."(Source Yahoo games)
Yes, it is invite only, or, get a code from Major Nelson when he offers. If you are friends with someone in the program, they can invite you, but, you must be friends with each other.
This is what got me interested - "Wooow! No one really expected this, but Microsoft just announced backward compatibility for the Xbox One, meaning Xbox 360 games will finally start working on Microsoft’s latest-generation console.
Microsoft’s E3 press conference is underway and the company kicked things off with a bang. Beginning today, Xbox One owners in the company’s beta program will be able to play any one of more than 100 Xbox 360 titles on the Xbox One.
The new feature will launch for the public this holiday season, but not all previous-gen Xbox 360 games will work; Microsoft will have to add the updated games to its store.And of course, Xbox One users will only have access to Xbox 360 games they’ve purchased in the past."(Source Yahoo games)
Originally Posted by Vovgumby79
You don't need to source this, the vast majority of people here will have watched the E3 presentation and saw this announcement.
Wait so backwards compatibility is going to be for digital downloaded copies only? That's what it's sounded like, can they code the retail disc out of the equation? Looking at it another way though (if the previous statement is true) then maybe they plan on squeezing a little more time out of the 360 mp before servers start getting shut down.
Wait so backwards compatibility is going to be for digital downloaded copies only? That's what it's sounded like, can they code the retail disc out of the equation? Looking at it another way though (if the previous statement is true) then maybe they plan on squeezing a little more time out of the 360 mp before servers start getting shut down.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Did you even listen? It says Retail Discs AND Digital Downloads.
Did you even listen? It says Retail Discs AND Digital Downloads.
Originally Posted by futiles
Um no, remember I said that I missed the first 10 minutes and you said that it was announced in the first few minutes.
Um no, remember I said that I missed the first 10 minutes and you said that it was announced in the first few minutes.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Well, since you just said, "that's what it sounded like" it implies that you went back and rewatched the initial part, or read the transcript since then.

They clearly say, insert your disc, install, play. Or, if you are digital, download to X1, and play. Each company needs to give permission to add to the Xbox Store.

They then make a dig at Sony, "We won't charge you to play what you already own." A clear poke at Sony's backwards compatible "service" where you pay for access to PS1,2,3 games.
Well, since you just said, "that's what it sounded like" it implies that you went back and rewatched the initial part, or read the transcript since then.

They clearly say, insert your disc, install, play. Or, if you are digital, download to X1, and play. Each company needs to give permission to add to the Xbox Store.

They then make a dig at Sony, "We won't charge you to play what you already own." A clear poke at Sony's backwards compatible "service" where you pay for access to PS1,2,3 games.
Yes I said that because of what I read that was posted in the thread, which seemed to be a direct quote from the source, which the quote did not mention anything about disc. Even you said that the source didn't need to be re quoted here. Thank you for that clarification on the disc though that certainly makes me happier and I love the pokes at Sony..lmfao!
I imagine they had to write an emulator. It's not as simple as just "letting" them play 360 disks. "But the Xbox One has 8 cores and the 360 only has 3". Yeah, and they are different speeds so you can't just have 5 cores sitting around doing nothing, it would run WORSE on the One than it does on the 360. That'd be embarrassing.

I dunno, I still get requests from the other thread, one every 1-2 weeks and I always add the people and send them an invite. Now I can't control if MS sends it, but I sign up and recommend people.
if anyone could invite me to the program it would be much appreciated!

GT SITH RICK

TY
I imagine they had to write an emulator. It's not as simple as just "letting" them play 360 disks. "But the Xbox One has 8 cores and the 360 only has 3". Yeah, and they are different speeds so you can't just have 5 cores sitting around doing nothing, it would run WORSE on the One than it does on the 360. That'd be embarrassing.

I dunno, I still get requests from the other thread, one every 1-2 weeks and I always add the people and send them an invite. Now I can't control if MS sends it, but I sign up and recommend people.
Originally Posted by Kaens
To me, it seemed as more of a licensing issue for the MS Store, by the phrase they used. I agree, there would have had to be an emulator written, but, I would think they would be more likely to do a full console emulator than a game-by-game emulator. Xbox & Xbox 360 started development life only about 12-18 months apart, so, the tech is not that far spaced apart. X1 does have a lot of higher, more advanced tech, I would think that they would look at that route.

Now, for those that remember the issue with Skylanders during the beta of the external HDD, if a game does not exist in the Store, then the console does not always handle it well. I would assume that is corrected, but, licensing and contracts (as we have learned from Rock Band, Guitar Hero, and others) usually mean "This particular game, this particular format, this particular console, within this particular console family" and while Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft have done spectacularly well at addressing these issues in the modern console generation, I would be shocked if more of the same was not being worked through now.
if anyone could invite me to the program it would be much appreciated!

GT SITH RICK

TY
Originally Posted by Sith Rick
I put your name in the hat

Originally Posted by Kaens
You're lucky, i get some messages like "Yo, put me in the Preview Program!"

I try to be a nice guy and not tell them to go f**k themselves so i delete the message and ignore them.

Could be that they can't speak proper english but oh well.
So, installed and launched GeoWars, and got a 360 friends online popup. Looks like it is a full console emulator
I put your name in the hat
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Thank you!
Watch the video about backwards compatibility on the X1 dashboard. It is a full software emulator of the console, but, they go into a little detail about why it isn't just every game and boom, released...
Watch the video about backwards compatibility on the X1 dashboard. It is a full software emulator of the console, but, they go into a little detail about why it isn't just every game and boom, released...
Got a link for those too lazy to go find it?
Got a link for those too lazy to go find it?
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Well, I watched it on my X1 in their E3 hub, not sure how to link to that...

But, this might be the same video: http://news.xbox.com/2015/06/xbox-mi...ing-in-preview
would be very greatful if some one has an Xbox preview my gametag is ELDaveY42 many thank

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account