GwG xbox one without an xbox one

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 14 posts - Go to Last Post

The title says it all, but I would like to know is it possible to download (games with gold) xbox one games without an xbox one ?

MS sent me an email via rewards program that implies this is possible.
I would say through smartglass, of course you wouldn't be able to play them until you get one.
You need a xbone to download and play the games. But you can go to Xbox.com and add the GWG to your queue so when you get an xbone you can play them.
Far QZ is right. I have a friend that doesn't own an Xbox One, but does "own" all of the free Xbox One games.
Thanks for the replies. I will check into the xbox.com method. Most likely will be getting an xbone this Xmas and it would be cool to have a few games ready to play.
I always claim ALL Games With Gold (360 and X1) on xbox.com. That way, it is just sitting on my account, and I can download them whenever I want. (Once claimed, it is yours)
I do the same thing, futiles. Even with games that I have already purchased on disc.
I do the same thing, futiles. Even with games that I have already purchased on disc.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Well yeah. That is implied. Unlock other people, I get excited when it is a game I already purchased.

I get to throw away a disc. (Well, give it away, sell it, trade it in, whatever)
Clear up some room in my house.
Move towards full digital!

I love not having discs!!!!
This is probably one of the things I would change if I were a Microsoft exec. Too many people are holding off getting an Xbox One, where they may be more inclined to pick one up if they knew they were missing out on free games...

They may not be the highest quality, but they are free and have a value to them.
It can also be done at xbox.com. I don't have a One yet, but I have the free games from GWG already qued Big Grin
Thanks for the replies. I will check into the xbox.com method. Most likely will be getting an xbone this Xmas and it would be cool to have a few games ready to play.
Originally Posted by MrGompers
Oh you wont be able to play them... you will have to go through the set up process and then check for updates and all that other crap. then you have to wait til your games install.... Smile
Oh you wont be able to play them... you will have to go through the set up process and then check for updates and all that other crap. then you have to wait til your games install.... Smile
Originally Posted by Preludecris
and then if any of the Free to Play stuff like :Warframe decide to close then your screwed.. but you know since the ONE is the new generation and the achievements are such a time sink, I have a feeling this game will be around for quite sometime.. not like Warfare on the 360... hmm.maybe they'll port that over?
Warface on the 360... hmm.maybe they'll port that over?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I hope not... I think we have enough crap for the xbone. we don't need anymore. lol

by the way fixed that for ya. Smile
I hope not... I think we have enough crap for the xbone. we don't need anymore. lol

by the way fixed that for ya. Smile
Originally Posted by Preludecris
Saw that, I fixed the first one Warframe did the same thing...just had to fix it again.. grr.. autocorrect

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account