Xbox One custom backgrounds confirmed by Phil Spencer

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 11 posts - Go to Last Post

The folks over at TiC Podcast spoke to Phil Spencer earlier today, and during the nearly 40 minute podcast they touched on a lot of topics, not the least of which is Xbox One custom backgrounds. During the talk, Spencer confirmed that such functionality will be coming to the console in due time, being joined by things like a screenshot feature and themes. When exactly they'll be arriving is still anyone's guess, but he confirmed that they are all in the works right now.

http://www.xboxmad.net/x/xbox-one-to...om-themes.html

Great features :-)
Long live Phil Spencer... Too bad they didn't have him in charge a couple years ago.
True, I think he's doing great. I always thought Don Mattrick was smarmy. Car salesman type. Hated watching him at press conferences.
Well it's obvious that Phil is a gamer. I never got that impression from Don, he seemed like an executive to me.
also the function of capturing images is great :-)
I'm a little disappointed by how many 360 features didn't even make it to the One. At least they have been slowly returning thanks to regular updates.
What features missing from Xbox 360?
I'm a little disappointed by how many 360 features didn't even make it to the One. At least they have been slowly returning thanks to regular updates.
Originally Posted by Obsidian Tides
Im ready for a complete dashboard redesign, I hate the current one on the One, thank god for Kinect or I wouldnt even use the X1
I was very surprised when I wasn't able to send a voice message, and small features like the one discussed in this thread should be here already, too.
Outside of actual features, it's just little problems with functionality. Navigating friends and notifications is a chore, as is sending invites and handling parties. This should all be faster than it was on 360, not slower with more steps involved.
it does feel like they went backwards in some respects, it is definitely harder to navigate than the 360 was
I like this Phil Spencer guy.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account