Microsoft drops used-game restrictions, mandatory internet, and region locks

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 7 posts - Go to Last Post

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Today, Microsoft announced that they are abandoning the DRM and internet policies that have garnered so much disdain from gamers. It will come in the form of a day-one update that can be downloaded on the new console or through other devices that can access Xbox Live.

I think this is good news, but I'd love to see MS top it by incorporating some level of the sharing feature that they originally planned, even if it means only one person can access a game at a time.
Thoughts?
Now i wish they would lower the price even if its only by $50
Most of my games are preowned or rented
Originally Posted by chaotikilla
Same. Very few do I purchase at release. It has to be a must have game for me.
My house will have 3 Xboxones at launch and Im not happy about the origanal plan going away, being able to buy one copy of a game and everyone in the house being able to access it was great news, also not happy about the family plan going away, but the ability to not have to buy multiple copies of games would have offset that cost for me drastically!
being able to buy one copy of a game and everyone in the house being able to access it was great news
Actually Rick, that is what came back by allowing you to play one disc on any console again. It's true that you can't share it digitally, but you would not have been able to play the game at the same time as another person anyway, which would make your digital copy exactly like a disc.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account