Standard Xbox One controllers have now Button remapping

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 15 posts - Go to Last Post

Microsoft announced today that the much requested button remapping feature on Xbox One is finally available on standard controllers.

http://majornelson.com/2015/11/16/bu...s-controllers/

Awesome, elite controller still costs too much...
it was added in the last controller update in October
I wont use it, but still pretty cool idea.
Originally Posted by Preludecris
Kinda in the same boat. Neato, but, really... whoop dee do!
I won't use it (probably) with my regular controllers, but I will 100% use them with elite controllers.

Fun fact: I hate L3 & R3.. those are going straight to paddles.

I will also use it to map a game that might not give me an option to make melee/reload buttons where I want. I'd do that with an elite because I have to toggle to switch between two profiles (so I could have standard/custom).

Trust me, this is one of those things that people don't realize they want until it's given to them. I can almost guarantee that futiles and I are on the same page on this one. He likes to explore the options like me Smile

Edit: The elite controller does what this did for the 360..

It might look crazy to you, but unless you've tried it or maybe seen it in action I don't think you'll really get it.
Last edited 11-20-2015 at 07:19 PM by Kaens.
Oh look, they made one for the Xbox One controller as well..

I wont use it, but still pretty cool idea.
Why? Price?
I tinkered with one of those for the 360 a while back - a buddy had one. It was pretty cool, but it causes great dedication and confusion to get it to work right - then to switch to a different game that has different controls gets you all messed up. I liked it for FPS, but it was hard (weird?) for everything else.
Why? Price?
Originally Posted by QuiCkz Ninja
No, I just switch hands because it feels better Smile
I won't use it (probably) with my regular controllers, but I will 100% use them with elite controllers.

Fun fact: I hate L3 & R3.. those are going straight to paddles.

I will also use it to map a game that might not give me an option to make melee/reload buttons where I want. I'd do that with an elite because I have to toggle to switch between two profiles (so I could have standard/custom).

Trust me, this is one of those things that people don't realize they want until it's given to them. I can almost guarantee that futiles and I are on the same page on this one. He likes to explore the options like me Smile

Edit: The elite controller does what this did for the 360..

It might look crazy to you, but unless you've tried it or maybe seen it in action I don't think you'll really get it.
Originally Posted by Kaens
THE CLAW!!!!! Those were hilarious. I've had random encounters with them in the wild, but, Achievement Fest 2012 was the absolute best.
On a side note, I think the claw ( or The Avenger {I think that was the actual name} and various other examples) are dumb and rather useless, but, I'm in the top 1% of the population in size (on the lower end of that, but, usually when I am in a room, I'm the biggest in the room), so, my hands have no issue reaching buttons or clicking sticks.

When I used to play MP, it was not uncommon to watch me do triggers with me ring fingers, bumpers with my middle fingers, and have index fingers free to hit d-pad or A/B/X/Y/White/Black.

I do like customizing my layout though. Maybe B isn't the natural gun smash for me, and it should be a bumper. I just wish they would make me a normal sized controller, again, like The Duke on the original Xbox, and not these baby hands miniature controllers that come standard with everything.
Nice... almost slipped through... Big Grin
Ok, Thanks for your reply :-)

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account