GTN Monthly Gamersore Competition

Gaming Chat

Found 20 posts - Go to Last Post

Hello all you out there in GTN land.. I was plodding along and checking things out and just feeling blah.. when I happened on a certain thread and thought to myself that we need to bring back the competition here at GTN. We have a few members who make a valiant effort in running some pretty hardcore competitions well this one is not going to be so hardcore just the return of our monthly gamerscore challenge.

I know we have had a few hiccups in the past but we can at least give it another try. If this works out I will be bring some new and more interesting challenges and competitions your way. More on those later but for now if you want a chance to win the badge Challenge... What Challenge?.

Follow this link: http://www.gamertagnation.com/leader...72&notice=1and join the leaderboard.

The Rules:
Only those gamers on the leaderboard will be eligible to win this badge.

The competition runs for a period of 14 days between the 1st and the 14th of every month.
Example: Scoring starts 05-31-2015 at 10:00 PM and stops 06-14-2015 at 09:59 PM.

This means no achievements or score will be counted before the start time nor after the end time so watch it carefully and remember that GTN is monitored on US Central Time Zone. If you don't know what that means for you. You better find out. This is cut and dry and no arguments will be herd.

Gaming online is encouraged but not required.*

Out right cheating will have you removed form the leaderboard. Example: Earning any online achievement Offline.

Only the #1 position on the leaderboard is eligible for this badge.

In the event of a tie, any and all gamers tied for the #1 spot will be awarded the badge.* Tie breakers are determined by achievements earned online. *Only three consecutive Bulk achievements area allowed up to 75GS. Only one instance of Bulking will be counted.

In the event X-Box Live goes down at or near the end of the scoring period, when the service comes back up I will determine the winner.

You can only win this badge once. There is no tier system for this badge. (Yes that means someone could possible block this leaderboard)

* The fine print:
Any off line achievements will stand unless they are done in bulk or intentionally "loaded". By "loading" or in "bulk" I mean that I understand sometimes while your gaming you may experience outages not known by you. This means you have to monitor your network as GTN is not responsible for outage you injure for any reason.

Loading achievements is done when you intentionally game offline earning said amount of gamerscore then going on line at the last possible moments to "load" your gamerscore.

Bulk achievements are done in the same manner as "loading" just not intentionally or without your knowledge and is a significantly smaller amount of gamerscore. I consider 'bulk" gamerscore up to four achievements earned off line at any one time.

EXAMPLE OF BULK:
I was playing Green Lantern on the 360 for one of the previous years GTASC the bonus was for the whole team to complete a single game. While I played I had to use the restroom. I paused the game and when I came back I was not aware that I was kicked off Live. I continued to play and earned achievements, three or four I think. I'm not sure if I completed it that day or not but on completion I was notified that some of my achievements were earned off line an not eligible. Though these achievement were not big game changers (why would I cheat for a few story related easy achievements) this was enough to disqualify my teams bonus.

Additional rules may be implemented and/or changed.
The whole bulking thing is a little confusing, but I think I got the jest of it.

Signed up!
The whole bulking thing is a little confusing, but I think I got the jest of it.

Signed up!
Originally Posted by LAFTA
Basically bulking is an unintended consequences of gaming offline when you think you're on line and not trying to cheat.
Always happy to have a little friendly competition. Plus how else can you climb the badge leaderboard if you don't win badges. Especially ones that not everyone will earn.
Looking good 7members the first day with potential to grow. I'm also gearing up some more competitions and or events. If you have any ideas that you would like to collaborate with please pm me and we can make something happen.

Make sure you tell your fellow GTNers and or non registered members to join in.
Slap a banner on the homepage and/or have a pop up enticing people in when they next log in.

(I don't know if this is possible or too much work.)
Slap a banner on the homepage and/or have a pop up enticing people in when they next log in.

(I don't know if this is possible or too much work.)
That banner would be a great idea, but I'm not able to do it would have to be Eric most likely.
I signed up, but I sign up for everything.
I signed up, but I sign up for everything.
Originally Posted by Kaens
And so the blockers are here... Well you do have a vested stake in stopping people from gaining more badges..
Why not a period of a whole month?
Originally Posted by Musquito
That thought had entered my mind, but monthly favors the long term player who games alot. Its also a little daunting for most players, I've seen month long gamer score challenges and to be honest it takes a lot.

I went with a two week time frame because one week seems to fast and there is no real strategy involved. I have herd that people may enjoy a little extra time to think out there plan and play on pace. I think two weeks is the perfect blend the gamers that throw massive amount of gamer score down the first week may have to re think their strategy. Besides with a month long competition I fear that it would be the same people over and over at the win. This gives everyone a fighting chance.

Your question though is not without merit, as I have mentioned that there will be other events and these will not be a month thing and they may last longer or shorter, depending. I'm working on some stuff and probably announce toward the end of or first completion that starts next month... So around mid month.
I calculate wages as a profession and the first week of each month is exhausting, resulting in not gaming that much (or not at all). I want to participate, but I will miss out the maximum of the first week, therefore my question for a monthly time frame.
Or if you want to keep a 2 week limit, why not the 2 middle weeks or the 2 last ones. Smile
Welcome to life Mosquito. Other people might not want the last two weeks. Can't please everyone!
I calculate wages as a profession and the first week of each month is exhausting, resulting in not gaming that much (or not at all). I want to participate, but I will miss out the maximum of the first week, therefore my question for a monthly time frame.
Or if you want to keep a 2 week limit, why not the 2 middle weeks or the 2 last ones. Smile
Originally Posted by Musquito
Well I wanted some stability in the monthly gamerscoe something that can ultimately be counted on and by the gods I'm going to keep this one on track. I'm sorry if the timing is not the best for you, but as LAFTA so nicely pointed out, I can not please everyone. I appreciate your input and candor and will take everything I hear into consideration, if not for this competition, than for others.
Welcome to life Mosquito. Other people might not want the last two weeks. Can't please everyone!
True, but it cannot hurt to ask. Wink
Tomorrow is the last day before we start our gamerscore competition so if you haven't already joined do so soon. Once the competition starts no new members will be able to join until after the 14th.
This is a great idea, count me in, leaderboard signed up.
The TA leapfrog will actually give me a decent chance at this. 48 achievements a day ill need tomorrow.
The TA leapfrog will actually give me a decent chance at this. 48 achievements a day ill need tomorrow.
Originally Posted by Mephisto4thewin
Oh yea, I didn't know anyone who was currently in that was in this, a little psychological warfare before we start...well don't count the willingness of others out just yet, with only 15 contestants around this month someone just might be hungry enough to match you...

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account