2015 Challenges (Extension of the 360voice challenge series)

Gaming Chat

Found 29 posts - Go to Last Post

Please join the challenges/leaderboards below. I would like to extend what we were doing over at 360voice. It's the beginning of the year, so a good time to do this.

Of course if anybody wants to sponsor one of these, this is most appreciated. Of course please only do this if you feel like you can afford to do this now.

I plan to add features as we go:
-first off, create custom filter to calculate for gamerscore
-allow for monthly totals
-integrate forums into the leaderboards
-maybe some pretty charts

This one is all out gamerscore:
Ironman 2015

These are for games released in 2015:
XBLA 2015
Win Phone 2015
Win8 2015
XBOX One 2015
XBOX 360 2015
Nice, I really liked these at 360v. I joined them all except the win 8 and phone one. Having the forums for the leader boards and charts would be really cool too. Good luck to all that join. Thanks for making these leader boards again Fsh Smile
Last edited 12-30-2014 at 06:46 PM by Cloud.
Thanks for setting these up Fsh Smile

Looking forward to not be at the top of any of the leaderboards I joined Big Grin
I think we can expect the winners of these to get the Challenge What Challenge badge?
I'm going to join a few, however I think the only game I played released in 2014 on both Steam and Xbox was Costume Quest 2 and that's only because it is one of my daughter's favorite franchises and it was on sale during the countdown to 2015. I want to make a leaderboard for people that don't play games released this year. Whoever plays one will be dropped to the bottom of the Hipster Board of Frugal Gamers.
I was amazed how low my games on 360 released in 2014 gamer score was. I had quite a bit of score from games before 2014...Only 1900 from 360 games released in 2014. Guessing this will be a tough category this year.
I was amazed how low my games on 360 released in 2014 gamer score was. I had quite a bit of score from games before 2014...Only 1900 from 360 games released in 2014. Guessing this will be a tough category this year.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Coming from someone nearing half a million gamerscore that makes me feel a lot better. Sometimes I feel like I am playing retro games. While everyone else is talking bad about Assassin's Creed; Unity I just started the first one again Everyone loves Dragon Age: Inquisition, I haven't even started the first one. I see thing all over when looking up Mass Effect tips that people didn't like the third's ending and I am halfway thru my first run of the first Mass Effect. However I love ever minute of everything I'm doing, and one year I'll catch up.
I mentioned it to Fsh and he said I can go for it

The winner of the Ironman challenge (highest gamerscore gained during 2015) will receive a prize pack

The pack will contain a few different goodies. Thankfully Xbox One games are region free so there will be at least one game (that will be released during the next holiday season) in there! Maybe even more but that'll be a surprise. Maybe even some German stacks if the winner happens to have a PAL 360! Other than that I'll throw in some more gaming related goodies. T-Shirts, Lanyards, Posters or more will be included.

This prize pack is sponsored by me (and to that extent via my channel @ youtube.com/muetschch ) and my site www.insidegames.ch

Come by and say hi if you'd like. If you don't... Too bad. But you could still win some kickass prizes just for scoring a ton Big Grin

Cheers
Nice one LSC MrSandman, that's very nice of you to put up a prize pack. Last year there was some massive scores, it will be interesting to see how high they go this year.
Maybe I will finally outscore Fsh in the Ironman this year!!! :P
Maybe I will finally outscore Fsh in the Ironman this year!!! :P
Originally Posted by pTartTX
Yeah, this could be the year... You're already behind though.
Yeah, this could be the year... You're already behind though.
I beat Fsh last year Smile But only because he talked smack with two weeks left to go. He did the same thing for the Throwback challenge so I came back and won that one with only two days left in the year. Lesson: Don't talk smack until the game is over!
I beat Fsh last year Smile But only because he talked smack with two weeks left to go. He did the same thing for the Throwback challenge so I came back and won that one with only two days left in the year. Lesson: Don't talk smack until the game is over!
Originally Posted by Kaens
It doesn't matter the circumstances, I will always talk smack to Fsh, he is my bitter rival
MrSandman, that brought me a dream... Too bad that's all it will be. With how often difficult circumstances arise in my life, along with taking care of my young daughter full time I don't see me winning. However, you are truly awesome for doing this. I opened your link. I'm going to bookmark your page, then subscribe to your YouTube page once I get my Google account discombobulated. Thanks on the behalf of whoever wins for being a sponsor.

Do you have any additional items that someone in my position can purchase? I don't want to detract from the Ironman prizes so if that would happen forget it, but I would like posters and t-shirts from most games and you sound like you might have a collection of awesome stuff you don't mind letting go of that I would love to have.

Sorry Fsh and Kaens, I'm on team pTarT.

Go pTarT, GO!
Originally Posted by Kaens
Think of me as a motivational speaker... Wink And I was just making an observation that all of our scores were quite close over the year. I was happy to hit 50k for the year.
Think of me as a motivational speaker... Wink And I was just making an observation that all of our scores were quite close over the year. I was happy to hit 50k for the year.
Right on! Thanks for the motivation Fsh, you've inspired me.
Any idea when it will be filtered for 2015 games only for the Xbox ONE? Also what is the rule regarding games released or gotten before 2015, even though they are 2015 games. IDARB, Risk, Trivial Pursuit?
Any idea when it will be filtered for 2015 games only for the Xbox ONE? Also what is the rule regarding games released or gotten before 2015, even though they are 2015 games. IDARB, Risk, Trivial Pursuit?
Originally Posted by Swaggers
Ah, I need to fix something. I'll have it fixed on Monday.

I thought Risk was already out?

I think if they are not generally available until 2015 those you mentioned would have to fall into 2015, even if you scored achievements in them in 2014.
Ah, I need to fix something. I'll have it fixed on Monday.

I thought Risk was already out?

I think if they are not generally available until 2015 those you mentioned would have to fall into 2015, even if you scored achievements in them in 2014.
Risk and Trivial Pursuit came out for like 2 days and then pulled as it was supposed to be out early 2015.
Risk and Trivial Pursuit came out for like 2 days and then pulled as it was supposed to be out early 2015.
Originally Posted by Swaggers
Of course then you snagged them. Smile I'll try to fix tomorrow, will try to see if I can make them show up appropriately. Please let me know if your score doesn't look right.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account