Are you ready for some football? Well, are you? Madden that is.

Gaming Chat

Found 19 posts - Go to Last Post

Do you plan on getting the new Madden game?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 9 (18.00%) Yes, I love me some Madden!

× 41 (82.00%) No, do you mean futbol? Who is Madden?

• Added 08-12-2014 09:30 PM
  • 50 votes
So, that time of the year is upon us, the time where guys (some girls) sit around in their favorite jersey and boxer briefs while eating tons of snack foods and grilled meats. Yes, it is football time! What else goes hand in hand with football? If you guess Maddens new release video game on 26 August, you would be correct, give yourself a pat on the back.

My question to you is simple; are you ready for some football? By this I mean, are you purchasing Madden or renting it? If you are, it's time to put your money where your mouth is and sign up for the first annual (at least I think it is the first annual) GTN Madden Bowl.

This will be tournament style play. Rules to follow (pretty simple really). If you are interested then sign up in this thread. If you feel too much pressure from the other two events going on, let this one pass you by, I don't want you to feel overwhelmed. If you have a competitive drive and love playing madden, this one is for you.

Starting sign ups now so I can get the brackets straightened out. The tournament will go live one week after the game drops. This will give you time to practice and get to know any new issues with the game. Let's have some fun.
Can't say I'm on board for this... I can only beat Madden in Rookie mode...
Can't say I'm on board for this... I can only beat Madden in Rookie mode...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
That might be better than me. You just have to beat real people, not the AI =) Wait, what's easier?
I voted no, but I did buy that EA pass and started playing the last Madden game.
I voted no, but I did buy that EA pass and started playing the last Madden game.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I have EA Access, and could play Madden NFL 25! Let's do last year's game as the tournament.
I have EA Access, and could play Madden NFL 25! Let's do last year's game as the tournament.
Originally Posted by futiles
Sure, let's do it!
I'll be away until Sept 11th, without my XBox Frown
I would really like to setup a Madden tournament. It would be fun and get the community interacting (that's what we're suppose to do) so if last years game would suit everyone, I am okay with that, what are your thoughts? It should be an easy pickup/rental.

Let me know and we will set this in motion. If this is an overall bad idea and we won't have the bracket to fill this out, that's okay too. Every idea isn't going to be awesome. Contrary to Legos popular belief, everything isn't awesome.
I would really like to setup a Madden tournament. It would be fun and get the community interacting (that's what we're suppose to do) so if last years game would suit everyone, I am okay with that, what are your thoughts? It should be an easy pickup/rental.

Let me know and we will set this in motion. If this is an overall bad idea and we won't have the bracket to fill this out, that's okay too. Every idea isn't going to be awesome. Contrary to Legos popular belief, everything isn't awesome.
Originally Posted by Zombie In PJs
Well, with it about to have a price drop, being part of EA Access, and being a launch title, I think you will see people with copies of it more than the new one.

I would play a Madden 25 tourney, on X1.
EA Access is for the basic game. I just waiting for all the DLC to be pushed,
EA Access is for the basic game. I just waiting for all the DLC to be pushed,
Originally Posted by ChickenBoyBryan
Not sure what your point is. ChromeZombie's tournament is playable as part of the base game. Online is part of the base game. Playing the game is part of the base game. So...
You need a , "whenever it goes for $10 or less I will get it" option.
You need a , "whenever it goes for $10 or less I will get it" option.
Originally Posted by LordChabelo13
You hit that one squarely on the head...lol.. Nice options, burn suppose if your trying to run a tourney then it makes sense to limit the answers, I think you should gauge the response first, because by the looks of it its going to be a small tournament. Personally I don't buy new sports games, I think it's just a waste of money to buy the same game over and over every year, of course that could have something to do with me really sucking at sports games in general. I also hate buying anything brand new...but it sounds like it has a lot of potential considering Maddens typically sell well, we just may need more members to see this and get a little active.. Good luck but I'm out on this.
This is why I always ask questions before starting tournament. I always want to see how a bracket will look. Right now it is looking like Futiles vs Kaens right now...we will keep trying to put it together.

If not Madden, we'll find something to get together as a community and show our video game prowess.
I got a pretty bad A$$ idea!! Just thought of it..ill message you soon, at work right now so I can only snipe comments...lol.
I got a pretty bad A$$ idea!! Just thought of it..ill message you soon, at work right now so I can only snipe comments...lol.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
The intrigue will kill me. It is 2200 in Germany. I will see the message in the morning (my time).
I would be all for it, depending on when it starts....if it's a week after it drops, I will still be away...if it turns out to be later and you still need to fill a spot, let me know.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account