Achievement Fest 2016 - Are you going?

General Chat

What is your Achievement Fest status?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 7 (8.97%) I'm going

× 25 (32.05%) Never going to go

× 13 (16.67%) Wish I could make it, but....(explain)

× 7 (8.97%) Still waiting on permission from my wife...

× 17 (21.79%) Maybe...

× 9 (11.54%) Futiles will kidnap me and drag me there...

• Added 01-19-2016 04:33 PM
  • 78 votes
I will not be as they are going on a different trip that weekend, sitting all weekend and getting gamerscore is not their thing.
Originally Posted by Mightymango
I don't understand...
I will not be as they are going on a different trip that weekend, sitting all weekend and getting gamerscore is not their thing.
We intend to lock them in a room with their own minecraft server.
I plan on being there. Waiting to see whether anyone is bringing their kids...
Originally Posted by Streak Leader
"Little" futiles is going. He is pretty excited about it, actually.
Originally Posted by futiles
But what about your son?
I don't understand...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Well...they like to play games but an entire weekend achievement hunting would be a bit for them.
Well...they like to play games but an entire weekend achievement hunting would be a bit for them.
I think fsh doesn't understand the sitting part, since he spends most of the AF weekend in the Kinect room, dancing the hours away.
I think fsh doesn't understand the sitting part, since he spends most of the AF weekend in the Kinect room, dancing the hours away.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
I haven't done it that much the past couple years... I'm getting back into better shape... Too bad there aren't that many new things coming out... I think I want to finish Crossboard 7 or whatever it's called...
Oh.... and if Mango has that Horse Jockey game, that would be Epic Awesome in probably a bad way...
Every year I really do want go, but I think I'm in the same boat as Porsch.. this year, I have this new job I'm literally only 4 month into it and I get off probation in July and go right "on call" that next week.. so I'll keep an eye out for an opening for me.. But I really would love to go.
I'm in again this year if any details are set. You know I don't pass up an excuse to eat like shit for 4-5 days straight.
I'm in again this year if any details are set. You know I don't pass up an excuse to eat like shit for 4-5 days straight.
Originally Posted by DrMondo7
So, PAX South again? I know Dacoto is down...
Maybe you should put him (or bozack) to work on updating the AF site so people can start to register. I keep getting people asking me about it, saying they went to the site and it only showed them last year's info.

Also, any word on a hotel?
Maybe you should put him (or bozack) to work on updating the AF site so people can start to register. I keep getting people asking me about it, saying they went to the site and it only showed them last year's info.

Also, any word on a hotel?
Honestly, no hotel is interested in talking to me. Zack is trying the visitor and commerce board, again. We are still working on it. I have seen some decent individual deals on hotels.com, but I hate for us to end up all over the place.

eBash is getting a refresh to the facility, so, the rooms may be a [very?] different layout. I will get Dustin on that.
Ok then I wasn't crazy when I was looking at the sitting chart and it had data from last year.
I just booked a room at the Quality Inn in Terre Haute. Looks like Terre Haute has something going on that week, and no one seems to want to do group rates.

They have 2 Doubles or 1 King for $92/night. Dacoto and CK are also staying there, so there will be vehicles available for group use. I would say take a look and see what works best for you. There are cheaper rates, I just don't want to stay at a Travelodge or Days Inn, but some of those are still $50-$60 a night.
I saw on their FB page that they've started the remodel. Also that they're carrying tabletop games! Do they know a floor plan or room layout? Is it changing much from before? Maybe that's part of the hold up in updating the site?
I saw on their FB page that they've started the remodel. Also that they're carrying tabletop games! Do they know a floor plan or room layout? Is it changing much from before? Maybe that's part of the hold up in updating the site?
Originally Posted by Dacoto
It is changing, and that is part of the holdup. I will give Zack a call over the weekend. Seems like the whole back area will be getting a change up. And yes, TABLETOP!!!
I just booked a room at the Quality Inn in Terre Haute. Looks like Terre Haute has something going on that week, and no one seems to want to do group rates.

They have 2 Doubles or 1 King for $92/night. Dacoto and CK are also staying there, so there will be vehicles available for group use. I would say take a look and see what works best for you. There are cheaper rates, I just don't want to stay at a Travelodge or Days Inn, but some of those are still $50-$60 a night.
Sausage O'Riley & I will be at this hotel.
Sausage O'Riley & I will be at this hotel.
Even though your GT is one word, if you were to pluralize it, would it be the Hotdogs McGee or the Hotdog McGees?
Even though your GT is one word, if you were to pluralize it, would it be the Hotdogs McGee or the Hotdog McGees?
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Since it is one word, hotdogmcgees. However, if it was a name, and two words, then Hotdogs McGee would be correct.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account