What does your gamertag mean?

Gaming Chat

Mine is movie related as you can see by my profile pic.
Mine is a lame one although has history now... Smile

d - for my first name
miller - my last name
68 - the year I was born (yes I'm old)

So this originally came from my hotmail address. When I was doing the xbox live beta all those years ago I used it and have been using it ever since. If you search Google for dmiller68 I would say 80-90% are me.
Originally Posted by dmiller68
D, you should be with us old folks on the 40+ leaderboard!
Mine is movie related as you can see by my profile pic.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Great movie. Better book (graphic novel, I know)
First off, it's not pedophiliac...

It's a term meaning a Porsche fanatic. Simple. I don't fuck them, I don't have relations with them, etc... I have been insulted and taunted for years, but it's a lot simpler than it appears. I came up with it a long time ago, early 90's I think, and it's been my moniker since.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
well if I owned a Porsh I'd have relations with it...just saying..
I'm not saying I haven't. I'm just saying I don't do it all the time... Stick Out Tongue
As for my own GT "Homie Simpson"... I was a big fan off the Simpsons for many, many a year, plus I gave up a few treats a while back and decided to stay at home and become a "Home Dad" for the good off the kiddies etc, (plus the misses, had me under her thumb - don't say a word) got my self an Xbox, for which my son decided to check it out,.

Then a year or two ago I decided too "GET IT BACK" went online but did not know what GT to use so, as I'm a home dad I decided to use the GT/nic Homie Simpson.

Ohh almost everything that Homer does I can relate too lol

Regards
Homie
D'oh! I love the Simpsons too, haven't missed an episode in 27 years so far. Own about half on DVD.
Mine is currently ULTIMATE leo129, but I plan on changing it to GlazedDonut129. Whenever I play on the skins team in pick-up basketball, my sweat covers my entire back and front, making me look like a glazed, shiny donut. and 129 is just my thing. Had it since elementary. I don't even remember why.
I picked up my first console since the Genesis when I was deployed in Iraq in 2007. I played a ton of games while deployed with it, with the local GamerTag MerrickM (first name, last initial), since we didn't have any reliable internet connection, and I didn't have a 360 state-side.

When I got home, and it was time to start playing games online, instead of Halo 3 via LAN, my wife and I came up with PalmettoBling. I live in South Carolina, and it's a playfully mocking reference to the way some people choose to dress as native Charleston-ians (see http://i.imgur.com/H7J3mNg.jpg for reference).

Most locals will know what you're reflecting without explanation of the name, and it's really stuck.
I picked up my first console since the Genesis when I was deployed in Iraq in 2007. I played a ton of games while deployed with it, with the local GamerTag MerrickM (first name, last initial), since we didn't have any reliable internet connection, and I didn't have a 360 state-side.

When I got home, and it was time to start playing games online, instead of Halo 3 via LAN, my wife and I came up with PalmettoBling. I live in South Carolina, and it's a playfully mocking reference to the way some people choose to dress as native Charleston-ians (see http://i.imgur.com/H7J3mNg.jpg for reference).
Most locals will know what you're reflecting without explanation of the name, and it's really stuck.
Originally Posted by palmettobling

uh....ummm..yea.....ok......you know I'm just not going to say anything about that picture... I mean do people actually dress that way?
Oh yeah, there is a very expensive and old store downtown that makes a killing off of clothes like that across the board: http://mdumasandsons.com/

It's crazy.
I like Technology, and I like Wildcats.

I actually will be changing it to Wildc4t Mapach3 when I get the chance. I still like Wildcats, and Mapach is Raccoon in Spanish Because I like raccoons. Yeah.
This is an entertaining thread. I like the old posts explaining gamertags no longer in use.
@ t3chn0w1ldcat Love the signature....

My gamertag is a reference to the 1978 Superman movie. I was dissatisfied with my previous gamertag (initials & numbers from an old email address) but couldn't settle on a new one. I was watching Superman and at one point in the movie, Superman calls Lex Luthor a diseased maniac. I liked it and it stuck.

I have had two fellow players who caught the reference.
@ t3chn0w1ldcat Love the signature....

My gamertag is a reference to the 1978 Superman movie. I was dissatisfied with my previous gamertag (initials & numbers from an old email address) but couldn't settle on a new one. I was watching Superman and at one point in the movie, Superman calls Lex Luthor a diseased maniac. I liked it and it stuck.

I have had two fellow players who caught the reference.
Originally Posted by diseased maniac
...and that would also account for the Superman gamer pic, Nice.
mine is so I can swear without getting in trouble. Even though I did. Had to change my old gamer tag for being offensive.
This has been my online handle for pretty much the past 16 years.
Back in the 90's I was known primarily as Purple Dragon on message boards and the like, then I came across a MUD that I really got into, a Dragon (of any colour) was against the rules because it was a mob type... so I started a search for a "name" and remembered the Book "Cormyr" that dealt with a black dragon so old that it's scales had a purple hue, but his name (Thauglorimorgorus) was a bit of a mouthful so just went with the book name, and due to the constant threat of being sued by TSR, I had to add the E at the end to make it not exactly the book title lol.
This has been my online handle for pretty much the past 16 years.
Back in the 90's I was known primarily as Purple Dragon on message boards and the like, then I came across a MUD that I really got into, a Dragon (of any colour) was against the rules because it was a mob type... so I started a search for a "name" and remembered the Book "Cormyr" that dealt with a black dragon so old that it's scales had a purple hue, but his name (Thauglorimorgorus) was a bit of a mouthful so just went with the book name, and due to the constant threat of being sued by TSR, I had to add the E at the end to make it not exactly the book title lol.
Originally Posted by Cormyre
Wait your saying TSR actually threatened to sue you over an online handle? ..
I chose a gamertag that reflected the two game series that were my favorites at the time. Hyrule for The Legend of Zelda an Balverine for Fable. I still love both series, but had I chosen the name a year or so later I would have included some reference to Assassin's Creed. Big Grin
Wait your saying TSR actually threatened to sue you over an online handle? ..
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
No, the game I was playing was in a constant battle with them though... TSR was very over aggressive about their IP and trademarks (even threatening over elves, orcs, etc at one point)

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account