This must be a popular event. I checked out the web page and the PAX east is already sold out for April. I'm close enough to Boston that I could just drive there and not worry about hotels. Maybe next year I guess.
This must be a popular event. I checked out the web page and the PAX east is already sold out for April. I'm close enough to Boston that I could just drive there and not worry about hotels. Maybe next year I guess.
Originally Posted by MrGompers
Yeah, Prime sells out in minutes. East almost as quick. South is only in its second year, and still seems to be finding itself.
Yeah, Prime sells out in minutes. East almost as quick. South is only in its second year, and still seems to be finding itself.
Originally Posted by futiles
I really wish East wasn't in Boston. That city is the worst.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
But think of all the Power Armor and Adhesive we could find!!!
But think of all the Power Armor and Adhesive we could find!!!
Yeah... but the Synths...
Originally Posted by Dacoto
If you're a visitor Boston leaves a lot to be desired in terms of driving and parking. Especially to and from the airport. Road construction every where doesn't help either.

If you drive to Boston from the south i.e. from CT/RI its far more easy IMO. You can park outside Boston and take what they call a "train" (which is really a slow ass Trolley) and get to the city in about 60 mins. If you guys ever plan a trip to Boston I can give you more details.
Let's see...

I have my badges:

I have my challenge coins:

I have my custom-made Fallout Vault Boy Backpack:

Now I just need Mondo and Dacoto to get here...
I just have to remember to check into my flight this afternoon.
What are challenge coins?
Originally Posted by LordChabelo13
When you are out and about with other PAXers, you can present your coin. Anyone that does not or cannot present must buy drinks. If EVERYONE else can present, the original challenger buys.

It is an old tradition from military and various other groups that has been co-opted by conventions.

My dad has a nice collection of General's Coins.
When you are out and about with other PAXers, you can present your coin. Anyone that does not or cannot present must buy drinks. If EVERYONE else can present, the original challenger buys.

It is an old tradition from military and various other groups that has been co-opted by conventions.

My dad has a nice collection of General's Coins.
Been in the military and been to many cons, never heard of this... But what do I know...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenge_coin

Some background. I have about a dozen challenge coins, mostly from cons, but I do have a couple of military ones.
We will be across the street at the Springhill Suites, and you can message me on Twitter @misfut if you are going to be there and want to try and meet up. I have no idea what Dacoto and Mondo plan to do, but most of my time is seeming to focus on the Tabletop Hall. (I will do the main hall, too, but, it won't be my focus)

(I am bringing my 3DS XL, PSP, and Vita, if someone wants to hook up for a game or Pokemon trade...)
We will be across the street at the Springhill Suites, and you can message me on Twitter @misfut if you are going to be there and want to try and meet up. I have no idea what Dacoto and Mondo plan to do, but most of my time is seeming to focus on the Tabletop Hall. (I will do the main hall, too, but, it won't be my focus)

(I am bringing my 3DS XL, PSP, and Vita, if someone wants to hook up for a game or Pokemon trade...)
I was expecting something that rhymes with grassflattery.
I was expecting something that rhymes with grassflattery.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Man, we had a good day, today. The highlights include a Microsoft director giving me her business card, and requesting me reach out to her next week about AF2016, and how they could get involved. Nothing certain there, and it may lead to nothing, but, I cool contact to have potentially.

Then, after the Loot Crate panel, and the announcement of the Loot Gaming Box, we were hanging out with one of Loot Crate's founders, and he invited us to their Saturday Night after party. So, we have wristbands for that tomorrow.
Post some pictures here if you can! I'm sure most of us would enjoy a glimpse since we can't be there.
Post some pictures here if you can! I'm sure most of us would enjoy a glimpse since we can't be there.
Originally Posted by Obsidian Tides
I have not taken any pictures (I usually don't think much about it at the time). I think dacoto and mondo took some, so, I will get them to share. I just have one pic of me and a Cosplayer that I will see if I can find.
I have not taken any pictures (I usually don't think much about it at the time). I think dacoto and mondo took some, so, I will get them to share. I just have one pic of me and a Cosplayer that I will see if I can find.
I captioned that pick, "fun size futiles"

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account