Found 38 posts - Go to Last Post

Started
Personally I think it's pretty cool, if he'd 'edit' what he is posting a little better. It has certainly driven a lot of the discussions here. It's better than checking back and no one has posted.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I agree. Just adding your opinion to the bit of news being posted goes a long way. Better than just news regurgitation.
As for Quick the issue has already been brought up within staff circles and as long as he's not posting anything that is malicious in nature (redirects that make him money/spam) or the same thing over and over, he's basically not breaking any rules and as it seems is actually stimulating some conversations in said threads.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Even after the flood gate of "polls" this morning? Come on now, that is pretty ridiculous.

Maybe there SHOULD be some rules then that address spam.
As for Quick the issue has already been brought up within staff circles and as long as he's not posting anything that is malicious in nature (redirects that make him money/spam) or the same thing over and over, he's basically not breaking any rules and as it seems is actually stimulating some conversations in said threads.
I agree :-)
Originally Posted by QuiCkz Ninja
I hate to say it, because it does feel very spammy, but B8 is right, Quickz is generating a lot of discussion and he's mostly not spamming the boards.
I hate to say it, because it does feel very spammy, but B8 is right, Quickz is generating a lot of discussion and he's mostly not spamming the boards.
Well, the intention of the post asks to be able to filter specific users from your own feed/forum view. I agree with that. And if everyone can tell that the initial post is because of Quickz Ninja, even though he isn't mentioned until Kaens mentions him, then there is obviously spam involved.

It doesn't help that he signed up in October, and between Oct 2013 and May 2014 he made 34 posts.

Since June 5, 2014, he has made 417 posts. So, he is almost 9 posts per day. That also starts to feel a little "spammy." Add to that the fact that he creates new threads for minor updates to old threads (New patch is coming. New Patch is out.) and the spam feels a little worse.

But, even so, I like the feature request, and would use it, and honestly, Quickz Ninja wouldn't be my first person to block.
Last edited 07-22-2014 at 09:03 PM by futiles.
Rather than just see "4124873924738 unread posts" and then having to mark them all read, it would be handy if you had the option see all the posts from the various forums that are new over the last 6 hours, or 12 hours, 1 day, etc, Wink
Don't get me wrong about this, I'm not to keen on all of Quicks post either and in this respect I'm not saying I'm against them too. This is a fine line here. We have a site that lets you earn badges for certain milestones and people are going to go for them.. Quick is not the only person working on them, I see a lot of people commenting on their own profiles just to get their comment count up. I used to personally welcome every new member to the site, (it was advantageous of me to help the community and make people feel welcome and get my friend count up to get the 300 friends badge) But it felt almost like spam to me and with so many new members showing up it does get a little daunting.. that and there's the percentage of new members who don't verify or want to join in the community discussions. Honestly with as much complaint as there is right now about this very subject I almost don't blame them. This is a community site and there are bound to be people who just don't get along with others. It is my job as well as the other staff to curb this if it starts to get out of hand. I try to be fair and impartial. I do a lot of PMing.. there are some on this thread that can attest to that, but honestly this is starting to become like a high school. Eric is implementing a filter for those who wish to use it. Until then Quick has every right to go for his badges as he sees' fit as long as they are with in the parameters of the terms and policies of the site.

So I'm going to be perfectly blunt here and please don't misunderstand me I'm going to be civil but unfortunately you have legit me no choice to bring this publicly. I'm not berating, accusing, attacking or holding any type of grudge, I just need this to be done and I feel this is the only way. If this make me unpopular than I guess I'll have to live with that.

I hope Quick would be able to see this, #1 You are not making friends and are generally starting to bug people. #2 If you plan on being around, Slow down man... I love your enthusiasm, but your like a little kid a candy store.. gimme gimme gimme If you want to endear yourself to the community and generally love this site like so many of us, just slow down a little, do you really need the badges that quickly? What happens when you finally get them? Quick I know you are from Italy so maybe your English is not that great, so I hope you see this as an opportunity as some constructive criticism form your peers.

I also hope that dacoto, (my apologies to futiles) will see his quick knee jerk reactions to quicks postings can be construed as offensive and hostile. I know your a well liked guy around here, but you are riding a fine line. I appreciate your concern for the health of the site its pretty awesome, I love a tight community and you have never been afraid to say whats on your mind, a trait that can get you praise and win people over yes, but it can also back fire on you and get you into a whole heep of trouble. I hope that you too see this as an opportunity as some constructive criticism form your peers.

I like both of you guys. You both bring good things to GTN and I'm hoping that we can work around this somehow.

If you guys feel the need to take this further, need more clarification or just don't want to listen to me anymore, please feel free to contact Eric directly.
Last edited 07-23-2014 at 03:56 AM by B8TINGU.
I also hope that futiles will see his quick knee jerk reactions to quicks postings can be construed as offensive and hostile. I know your a well liked guy around here, but you are riding a fine line. I appreciate your concern for the health of the site its pretty awesome, I love a tight community and you have never been afraid to say whats on your mind, a trait that can get you praise and win people over yes, but it can also back fire on you and get you into a whole heep of trouble. I hope that you too see this as an opportunity as some constructive criticism form your peers.
Excuse me? I believe you are confusing me with someone else, as I have basically ignored him directly, except in this thread, and I was not the one to bring him up.
I see a lot of people commenting on their own profiles just to get their comment count up.
Except commenting on your own profile does not spam the site with threads.

And since you seem to be ok with him spamming the site, then be prepared for that spam to triple.
Excuse me? I believe you are confusing me with someone else, as I have basically ignored him directly, except in this thread, and I was not the one to bring him up.
Originally Posted by futiles
Your absolutely right on this, I feel like an ass now, I have no idea why I was thinking it was you please accept my sincerest apologies, I thought I was being so careful with that post... I will will immediately edit my original post..
Your absolutely right on this, I feel like an ass now, I have no idea why I was thinking it was you please accept my sincerest apologies, I thought I was being so careful with that post... I will will immediately edit my original post..
That's okay, if you had came to AF, you would have realized that they're really the same person.
I'm just happy to see another requested feature that will improve the site have the "started" tag next to it. Thanks Eric!
I'm impartial for the most part. I'm more of a 'slow and steady wins the race' kind of guy but anything that sparks forum activity usually makes me happy. I have 37,700 posts at SG but that's over 8.5 years. We discuss pretty much everything from family to TV to games there though, which boosts the numbers. I guess that's why a lot of my topics are non-game-related (family pics, non-game-related hobbies, tattoos, TV, etc). I love discussing games too but I don't want to be limited to the subject.

I have no problem with Quickz nor Dacoto (who is a really nice guy in person, BTW). The addition of a block feature should pretty much appease all, which is awesome.
I have no problem with Quickz nor Dacoto (who is a really nice guy in person, BTW). The addition of a block feature should pretty much appease all, which is awesome.
Originally Posted by SG Steelhead
Are you trying to ruin his reputation?
You remember when we were going to be able to block seeing threads from specific people? I seem to remember that...

Sure would be nice to have.
Perhaps a grammar filter or punctuation bot? Sort of like how Chrome has spellcheck baked right into the browser?
Perhaps a grammar filter or punctuation bot? Sort of like how Chrome has spellcheck baked right into the browser?
Originally Posted by Dacoto
So does Firefox, but, neither of those browsers has a "forced give a shit" add-on...

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account