360voice support is officially dead

General Chat

Found 35 posts - Go to Last Post

Should be illegal for them to shut it down since it was one of the first communities in the spotlight from Major Nelson.

With everyone here now... GTN needs copies of the 3v's API's, know quite a few sites out there that'll die once 3v's crap out because of issues not being fixed (wife's gamertag sig in my sig included :P)

Hate to see it happen with all the work that Trapper, Steven, David, Fish, Dog, Mango, etc put into it over the years. It'd been my home since May 1, 2006 (less so the past few years as my focus has shifted), and as one of the early MotM's and 3VCE's... truly sad to see it go.
This is a damn shame. I've been using that site since 2008. Frown
I love 360voice :-)
I am very hesitant to write this... but, I'm going to go against my better judgment and do it anyway....

Let me lead by saying that I used 360v, and I liked what it did, and the community was good, but....

I didn't really like the site. I feel like it was a little ugly... It reminded me of a MySpace page or a GeoCities site. And when I tried to poke around and find the specifics for some of the badges, the information provided was not helpful at all, and I didn't like navigation on the site. I liked the streaks, and the members on the forum were good in the areas I hung out in, which was mostly Windows Phone, and I'm sad to hear the news, but I think I'm happier here and at TrueAchievements. They feel cleaner, more professional, easier to get around and navigate.

Am I alone in that feeling?
I am very hesitant to write this... but, I'm going to go against my better judgment and do it anyway....

Let me lead by saying that I used 360v, and I liked what it did, and the community was good, but....

I didn't really like the site. I feel like it was a little ugly... It reminded me of a MySpace page or a GeoCities site. And when I tried to poke around and find the specifics for some of the badges, the information provided was not helpful at all, and I didn't like navigation on the site. I liked the streaks, and the members on the forum were good in the areas I hung out in, which was mostly Windows Phone, and I'm sad to hear the news, but I think I'm happier here and at TrueAchievements. They feel cleaner, more professional, easier to get around and navigate.

Am I alone in that feeling?
Originally Posted by palmettobling
I'll agree with you the UI was very dated, MySpace? that's just hurtful. I'm surprised you couldn't find stuff on the badges?

Navigation should have been decent, unless you were using a touch device?

Now we know you only like new and shiny things!
I'll agree with you the UI was very dated, MySpace? that's just hurtful. I'm surprised you couldn't find stuff on the badges?

Navigation should have been decent, unless you were using a touch device?

Now we know you only like new and shiny things!
Originally Posted by Fshguy
You are right, navigation is not the right word for what I mean; I think a better word would be discoverability (wait, is that a word?), you'd have to know what you were looking for and where it was to get there. It didn't lead you to interesting or relevant things.

And as for the information on the badges, I mean things like the badge page for, say, "In Crowd" badge, where it just says 'Next time you see these gamers say, "You are so popular!"' as a description, with no further information on the badge requirements... do you need friends? Profile page visits? Comments? How many? That just led to me not caring about collecting them there, since I didn't know what I needed to do for some of them. Granted others were easy to figure out on my own, but still no great description, like the genre badges, as there was no number or games association to reference.

And yes, I'll apologize for the MySpace reference, that is too much, but my point is that even though I didn't like the look of the site, I still used it for some of it's data, and the good community, and it will be missed. I honestly do not mean this as bashing the site, and my original hesitancy was this being construed that way.
It wasn't just you. I think this site, while far better, has some navigation problems too. But I think that's probably just a result of the way new features are tackled quickly and bolted in. I know it sounds like I'm being negative, but since I come here 100x a day because I think this is best community for a cranky old guy like me.
It's basically a result of the tools one is given to work with. It's not like Fsh could just say "I think I'll move the site to an IPB-based template" because that costs money and we, the members , nor the staff, had control over such things. Websites such as this one and TA are updated regularly because the ownership is active within the site. The staff's hands were somewhat tied at 360v.
Not sure my 360voice account still around under Ellerkermike40 gamertag.
It's basically a result of the tools one is given to work with. It's not like Fsh could just say "I think I'll move the site to an IPB-based template" because that costs money and we, the members , nor the staff, had control over such things. Websites such as this one and TA are updated regularly because the ownership is active within the site. The staff's hands were somewhat tied at 360v.
Originally Posted by SG Steelhead
Nah, it's more cause Fshguy really sucks at doing pretty front ends. I was able to cut out about 15 hours of processing time in the daily jobs though and get blogs out in the morning...
360v was a great community of people, but I see a lot of those people here now! That makes me happy. I still get to keep in touch with you guys and game with you. Sad to see 360v go, but glad we still have one another lol.

Fshguy, Mightmango, Futiles, Trapper, Steven, David, DoT, and all the 3VCE did a great job keeping that site going. A ton of people relied on it heavily on a day to day basis.

Now, we make this site soar.
I was a 3VCE a few years ago but stepped down when took a break from Xbox. I still have my 3VCE badge.....no-one had the heart to take it from me haha.
I was a 3VCE a few years ago but stepped down when took a break from Xbox. I still have my 3VCE badge.....no-one had the heart to take it from me haha.
Originally Posted by dieselv2
Not that, there was actually an unwritten rule, once a 3VCE, always a 3VCE.
Originally Posted by futiles
except without the mod powers.... :shifty:
Originally Posted by futiles
Thankfully since a lot of us 3VCE's went inactive.... *cough* what? have no idea who you mean... that guy over there? *points one direction... runs the other*

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account