Remove zero gamerscore games from completion stats

Feature Requests

I think having a zero-score game is just as telling as having completed games when you're checking out someone's playing habits. It tells you a bit more about their style if they have a lot of games with little or no achievements earned on them.
I would think if people were concerned enough about having a game with 0 GS on their account, they would have removed it from the Live profile as soon as they could. I know I've removed a few before having any issues on the site.
Oh, I have no problem with those games being on my tag. I just feel the completion percentage calculation would better reflect the games I actually play better by not including them. I play games to maximize my playing time with my gamerscore, that ends up I get about 62% of points on average of games I do play.
Oh, I have no problem with those games being on my tag. I just feel the completion percentage calculation would better reflect the games I actually play better by not including them. I play games to maximize my playing time with my gamerscore, that ends up I get about 62% of points on average of games I do play.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I think if you added a game to get a badge, then you wanted this site to see you "having it" and then it should also count against everything else.
I think if you added a game to get a badge, then you wanted this site to see you "having it" and then it should also count against everything else.
Originally Posted by futiles
Yeah, but I added all of those games for some other site, not this one... I'll want this site to see other games.
How about this:

Give each user the ABILITY to remove the 0 achievement games from their account.

Honestly, I think GTN trying to do it would be a nightmare, since not only would GTN have to look at everything on your XBL gamercard, see what is missing here, and add it, it would then have to look at your account here, 1-by-1, and see if it is still on your XBL gamercard, and delete it.

But, after you delete it on your console, you could come here and manually remove a zero achievement game. However, once a single achievement is unlocked, it would bind to your account permanently.
Do we know if games stay on your profile if you delete them from your XBL tag? Does it drop them when it syncs again? B8TINGU thinks deleting them won't affect badges earned, but does it resync and drop the games from your total here?
Do we know if games stay on your profile if you delete them from your XBL tag? Does it drop them when it syncs again? B8TINGU thinks deleting them won't affect badges earned, but does it resync and drop the games from your total here?
Originally Posted by Buckswana
Games will still show here, and badges earned will remain, if you delete the game from your Xbox profile. All kinds of sites have different numbers of games played for me because of this.
Games will still show here, and badges earned will remain, if you delete the game from your Xbox profile. All kinds of sites have different numbers of games played for me because of this.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Figured the badges would, didn't know about the games. So that means the options are; (1) either GTN creates a way to actually remove the games, or (2) leaves them but doesn't calculate 0gs games in their totals, or (3) we just leave it as is. 2 or 3 obviously make the most sense, which brings us right back to deciding if the site wants to include 0gs games.
I think this is an interesting percentage and should be left as is. At the same time I would also like to see a completion percentage based solely on games that you have achievements in. There is room in the box for it. Just have think up of a good name for it.
I think this is an interesting percentage and should be left as is. At the same time I would also like to see a completion percentage based solely on games that you have achievements in. There is room in the box for it. Just have think up of a good name for it.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
"Modified completion percentage to make people happier"
After thinking on this a little more, I'm leaning towards the side of not counting 0 gamerscore games towards comp %, mostly because you have the ability to remove them from your gamercard/XBL history. The other option of removing games played from the site doesn't make a lot of sense, and would most likely be harder to implement. I know Eric is looking at how to calculate/pull the data since he's lost some of this info in the API feeds he was getting, so seemed like a good time to revisit the topic.
I second this, it would bring me from 48% to 62%.

So say we all!
So say we all!
Originally Posted by LordChabelo13
Not all, I am fine with it staying as is.
Based on something that Eric said in another post, I think he was reporting the completion % posted on xbox.com and he's working on a new solution here now that the info is no longer available.
As a super completionist, I would like to see like what the others said 1) removing games with 0 gamerscore from the completion formula or 2) giving us an option to manually remove 0 gamerscore games on our list (again impacting the completion formula).

I unfortunately signed up with the aftermath of Achievement Fest on my gamercard last year, where I literally added hundreds of games to my card and missed some of them when I went back through and deleted off my card, so this is the only site that shows my percentage as 88% rather than the 91% or 92% it actually is.

I put a lot of work into having a high completion % and I kinda like showing it off :P
As a super completionist, I would like to see like what the others said 1) removing games with 0 gamerscore from the completion formula or 2) giving us an option to manually remove 0 gamerscore games on our list (again impacting the completion formula).

I unfortunately signed up with the aftermath of Achievement Fest on my gamercard last year, where I literally added hundreds of games to my card and missed some of them when I went back through and deleted off my card, so this is the only site that shows my percentage as 88% rather than the 91% or 92% it actually is.

I put a lot of work into having a high completion % and I kinda like showing it off :P
Originally Posted by pTartTX
I still can't believe people remove games from their gamercard... This whole thing is one of the reasons why 360voice ignored 0 score games. There were countless requests for people to remove games from their cards. Now here, there is an option to hide games, so might be a similar solution.
I still can't believe people remove games from their gamercard... This whole thing is one of the reasons why 360voice ignored 0 score games. There were countless requests for people to remove games from their cards. Now here, there is an option to hide games, so might be a similar solution.
Fsh, I put dozens of games on my card just until 360v synced them and then removed them. I don't want them on my card, and I never played them. It's all about the badges baby!
Does "hiding" a game remove it from the calculations though? I thought it just hid it from view and you could hide any game, even if you had an achievement in it.
Does "hiding" a game remove it from the calculations though? I thought it just hid it from view and you could hide any game, even if you had an achievement in it.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
No, hiding it I doubt does that, that would be too easy of a way to manipulate your percentage...
No, hiding it I doubt does that, that would be too easy of a way to manipulate your percentage...
Ok, that's what I thought, just the way you worded it I wasn't sure.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account