The Dren's Guild (Gems of War)

Gems of War

Did you want to attempt the "Team Synergy" Achievement & 40K seals in 3 weeks??

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 13 (25.00%) Absolutely 100%, I live for helping my new guild members!

× 16 (30.77%) NO - I'm not interested in helping out!

× 23 (44.23%) Maybe - I am a slacker!

• Added 07-20-2017 01:44 AM
  • 52 votes
Since we're supposed to be saving gold, is there a good team to make that will actually earn you more gold when fighting?
Originally Posted by ZeroDesolation
Serpent/ Behemoth / Emperor Khorvash
Alchemist
Valk
Tyri

Also you could try going to troops / filters / Spell Trait and find generate gold. Click Y and try this.

Pride Lands Banner
Bonnie Rose
Valkyrie
Alchemist
Warlock

Use this team in explore mode as suggested by SparkyMP and it is not a fast team but you will gain gold and souls with it..
The best team in the game right now and everyone is using it. Some variants are

Gorgotha
Kraken
Justice
Mab

Valk
Mercy
Justice
Mab

Bone Dragon
Valk
Justice
Mab
Originally Posted by Deadinside247
Yea, it's getting kind of boring doing guild wars, all 5 of my matches today were some variation of this team. Your best bet to survive is running troops with the impervious trait or the ability to cleanse, but this is hard to do while keeping teams of the correct color. Guess I'll have to re-think some of my teams if I want to compete.

Good chance I'll be giving up my Paragon ranking this week, but glad to see a lot more people getting higher scores in our guild.
There are some characters that give extra gold, but, it isn't much. I find just winning in PvP gets the best return. You could always get one of the double gold armors from the shop.

We each need to have like 500K - 750K gold if we evenly space it. I think I am at 500K on the week already, so, I wouldn't worry too much.
Originally Posted by futiles
Yea, PVP is the better way to go for sure.
Yea, it's getting kind of boring doing guild wars, all 5 of my matches today were some variation of this team. Your best bet to survive is running troops with the impervious trait or the ability to cleanse, but this is hard to do while keeping teams of the correct color. Guess I'll have to re-think some of my teams if I want to compete.

Good chance I'll be giving up my Paragon ranking this week, but glad to see a lot more people getting higher scores in our guild.
Originally Posted by Elem3ntal80
Winning a match is more valuable than using the day's color and losing. I can usually only get my solid color team through the first 2-3 before switching to Mab for improved odds of winning.

I run Gorgotha, so my Mab team still has 2x yellow, 2x blue and red, brown, purple representation. The green day is where I get fewer points, but I've got a pretty solid green team to make up some ground that usually goes 3 wins deep. Spirit Fox makes those days easier.
I run color teams because I haven't been graced with any of the premium cards in the current meta. I'm still tweaking their balance. Having a high team synergy is important for running color teams.
I run color teams because I haven't been graced with any of the premium cards in the current meta. I'm still tweaking their balance. Having a high team synergy is important for running color teams.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
You should fix that! Having the boss monsters is the best.
You should fix that! Having the boss monsters is the best.
Unfortunately, getting Golgatha is not something that attending AF would fix...
Unfortunately, getting Golgatha is not something that attending AF would fix...
Originally Posted by Dacoto
He was in event chests a week or two back. Gonna be awhile before we get back around to that kingdom.

They seriously need a trading option.
He was in event chests a week or two back. Gonna be awhile before we get back around to that kingdom.

They seriously need a trading option.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
I am actually surprised they don't have a straight up "Buy" option on some of the cards...
Gorgotha was last week and cashed in some diamonds and was lucky enough to get 1 but it'll be awhile before I can upgraded it enough to slide in the mix.

Cashed in more diamonds in the events chests today and got the Emperor card I was missing...still trying to get my hands on a dragon soul
Finally managed to make a team I'm happy about. It's not one of the set teams, but has taken me from 1/4 & 2/3 to 4/1 in guild wars. Some reason I can never beat the 2nd or 3rd person I'm against. The remaining 2 is no problem, even with the

Kraken/valk/Justice/Mab teams at 9k+

This time I lost to a dragon team Frown

Current set-up Is:

7,844 Power
Blighted Lands banner (no yellow)
Emperor K (3 trait)
Dragon Soul (no traits yet)
Psion (3 trait)
War and Peace Weapon with Archer armor (only 2 traits right now)

So, If anyone is missing some of the big guys like Gorg, Mab, Kraken etc give that a try.

Also everyone loves to attack my team since it's not one of the normal ones.... It's 541/182 this week (74% win ratio, but maybe a little more as it wasn't my def team at beginning of week)
Last edited 08-12-2017 at 10:47 PM by griffey95.
Gorgotha was last week and cashed in some diamonds and was lucky enough to get 1 but it'll be awhile before I can upgraded it enough to slide in the mix.

Cashed in more diamonds in the events chests today and got the Emperor card I was missing...still trying to get my hands on a dragon soul
Originally Posted by smokenrocket
I got my second Dragon Soul from Guild Chests today.
I just played against a guy from the guild "it burns when I PVP"

it made me laugh

Next time these bombs cards become available, please let us know. I have a large pile of gems and other currency.
Well, I got today's guild war done, then hit the airport. I won't be back until Tuesday, next week.
Next time these bombs cards become available, please let us know. I have a large pile of gems and other currency.
Originally Posted by pTartTX
Each week the theme changes. I don't know which cards go in which kingdom but i just try and get cards i don't have. This week the Emperor K was in the title so I dropped about 1000 gems towards event chests before i got it. Last week I didn't know Gorgotha was in the mix until I got it on the last day.

Another thing I do is use glory to buy spoils of war chests for cards I don't have or stones I need for traiting. These chests tell you exactly what are in it and contents change weekly as well.

I highly recommend trying to get Valkyrie, Justice and Queen Mab setup as Futiles suggested to me. It's been working awesome for me and finish most matches in a minute or 2.
Each week the theme changes. I don't know which cards go in which kingdom but i just try and get cards i don't have. This week the Emperor K was in the title so I dropped about 1000 gems towards event chests before i got it. Last week I didn't know Gorgotha was in the mix until I got it on the last day.

Another thing I do is use glory to buy spoils of war chests for cards I don't have or stones I need for traiting. These chests tell you exactly what are in it and contents change weekly as well.

I highly recommend trying to get Valkyrie, Justice and Queen Mab setup as Futiles suggested to me. It's been working awesome for me and finish most matches in a minute or 2.
Save glory for the Glory Rewards in the shop. I buy the character cards for the Arcane Traitstones, otherwise save them. Save your Gems for Event Chest or Gem Chest. If you have made it to VIP 5 then save them for the VIP chest. Make sure you buy the Dragon or Celestial Armour first. Dragon is good for PVP and Celestial is good for explore.
Hey Guys,

We start the quest for the Team Synergy Achievement 2 weeks from today. Please start updating the Guild chat with you total amount of gold collected Starting this Sunday. You will see my post of gold i have collected, i merely wanted to see how much i could accumulate daily. I will start a spreadsheet just like the one i did for the previous time we did this achievement. Not sure if i can attach or link it to this page, but will most likely post screenshots of page..
I will be back home tonight. We have a full 30 in the guild, still?

Was it like 15 Million Gold to do synergy?
I will be back home tonight. We have a full 30 in the guild, still?

Was it like 15 Million Gold to do synergy?

Yes we have a full 30 members in the guild. 15.6 million gold to do the synergy. After the completion of the Guardian Task, There will be a Legendary task to complete which is a million gold. The number of Legendary task is Infinite.

Side note: If you dont want to do all that grinding in saving up your gold, if you have 240 Gems you can purchase the Dragon's Hoard and net yourself 75,000 gold. I'd only do this method if your highly desperate for gold.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account