Find Out How Good You Really Are with the TrueAchievements App for Xbox One

TrueAchievements

"another bad idea pushed out with poor implementation. Perhaps TA hasn't been kicked in the balls enough lately. Enjoy the deluge of emails and requests for people complaining about their streaks getting broken.

Maybe I could get a leaderboard for the number of days I haven't had access to the benefits of my "lifetime" membership I paid for?"

That's basically it, no more, no less. The post was soon deleted for "abuse" and I got this PM from TA himself:

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...ogmcgee/ta.jpg
I believe I was banned less for claiming Rich had balls then for expressing discontent for having donated money to the site under the premise that I would get certain benefits in return, and the terms of those benefits were subsequently changed.

Basically, I gave them.my own money when they were struggling. I was ticked off that the promises made for that money were not upheld, and said so. I don't hide from that, but I also don't believe for a second that Rich welcomes any criticism of his site. There are far worse people posting in his forums on a daily basis, but trolls like me are the ones who need to be taken care of.
Nothing to do with being pro or not, you were rude. Im not surprised that you got a ban there, if your ban is permanent then I reckon you retaliated to the PM since that initial one doesn't say you are permanently banned.
Nothing to do with being pro or not, you were rude. Im not surprised that you got a ban there, if your ban is permanent then I reckon you retaliated to the PM since that initial one doesn't say you are permanently banned.
Originally Posted by Spilner
Of course you do. I mean, you claim that you got banned from x360a just for having TA in your sig, but, I'm sure you retaliated for something else...
TA is easily comparable to the 3rd Reich in a lot of ways, I think.
Of course you do. I mean, you claim that you got banned from x360a just for having TA in your sig, but, I'm sure you retaliated for something else...
Originally Posted by futiles
They removed my TA gamercard, I replaced it as everyone else has exophase, MGP and other site's cards in their sig so I say that as a target for me 1. having TA in my sig on their site and 2. Commenting on how there new session feature had bugs (Kinda my thing)

I was given some BS about breaking advertisement rules and perma banned.

I don't have a problem 'taking my lumps' when ive been a twat and ill openly say the things ive done.
They removed my TA gamercard, I replaced it as everyone else has exophase, MGP and other site's cards in their sig so I say that as a target for me 1. having TA in my sig on their site and 2. Commenting on how there new session feature had bugs (Kinda my thing)

I was given some BS about breaking advertisement rules and perma banned.

I don't have a problem 'taking my lumps' when ive been a twat and ill openly say the things ive done.
So, you did what Hotdog did, commented on a feature done poorly, got banned. Yet, when he claims the same thing, he obviously retaliated...

If you don't see the double standard in judgment you have just put out there, then I am done. You are obviously here only to defend TA (as all you have done is post in threads that are about it), and that is fine. As staff there, I would expect you to be defensive of it. But, if you can post a contradiction, and not see it, than I have no care to debate.
So, you did what Hotdog did, commented on a feature done poorly, got banned. Yet, when he claims the same thing, he obviously retaliated...

If you don't see the double standard in judgment you have just put out there, then I am done. You are obviously here only to defend TA (as all you have done is post in threads that are about it), and that is fine. As staff there, I would expect you to be defensive of it. But, if you can post a contradiction, and not see it, than I have no care to debate.
My response to them was worded differently to the rude message Hotdog posted. Yes one of the reasons I am here is to check that our users are able to use the app ok and that if any issues arise and are reported on another site instead of to us then the information gets to the right place.

Me being staff there doesn't come into my reasoning for what you believe is defending of TA, ive been a member there for many years, long before I was staff and I had the same stance then. I use various sites for gaming as they each have their own strengths (and weaknesses)
Normally I'm with you, always believing there's something more to the story. In my case, there's not. Believe it or not, that's your choice, but there was no retaliation. I don't deny I was rude, I just don't believe it justified a permanent ban for a first offense.

I've had a TA gamercard in my sig at x360a for years without problem. Of course, I don't post anything there since their staff is almost as bad as TA.

Doesn't matter much. I just get tired of the people who line up to claim Rich is an achievement savior and Microsoft should let him run all things Xbox. My bad attitude is because I was shunned by the cool kids, whatever.
TA is easily comparable to the 3rd Reich in a lot of ways, I think.
Originally Posted by Langhostio
I Know another site...
Being rude has nothing to do with achievement tracking. Banning someone from tracking on the site (and the app) without them being a cheater goes directly against the entire point of TA, not to mention undermining the purpose of the TA App. We both know TA is fully capable of silencing people on the site entirely WITHOUT removing their tracking (and disqualifying them from competitions). They did it to me before. Yet, I was banned entirely for arguing the purpose of the the callouts rule with the idiots on the staff and blogging about their incompetence. Removing my status claiming they "have to remove anything potentially liable" while my status was clearly within reason. I said "If you ever run into X on XBL, don't help the bastard." I didn't accuse him of fucking farm animals. I said don't help him. He wasn't even a TA member. The callout rule didn't apply, and there was nothing resembling liable. I kept specifics to PM when people asked.
Being rude has nothing to do with achievement tracking. Banning someone from tracking on the site (and the app) without them being a cheater goes directly against the entire point of TA, not to mention undermining the purpose of the TA App. We both know TA is fully capable of silencing people on the site entirely WITHOUT removing their tracking (and disqualifying them from competitions). They did it to me before. Yet, I was banned entirely for arguing the purpose of the the callouts rule with the idiots on the staff and blogging about their incompetence. Removing my status claiming they "have to remove anything potentially liable" while my status was clearly within reason. I said "If you ever run into X on XBL, don't help the bastard." I didn't accuse him of fucking farm animals. I said don't help him. He wasn't even a TA member. The callout rule didn't apply, and there was nothing resembling liable. I kept specifics to PM when people asked.
Originally Posted by NoLifeDGenerate
Did you know this thread was over 2 years old? haha

Anyway that's the reason why their members are slowly drifting here...no ego trips Smile
Originally Posted by NoLifeDGenerate
Even more interesting, when they ban someone, they actually don't stop tracking that person. They just stop that person from being active and a part of the site. But, they continue to track the person. You can confirm this if someone from your friend list gets banned, they disappear. Try adding them as someone to track that isn't a member, you get, "[GAMERTAG] is already on your friend list!"

Also, that person might still get site update e-mails. Which is kind of funny, too.
Even more interesting, when they ban someone, they actually don't stop tracking that person. They just stop that person from being active and a part of the site. But, they continue to track the person. You can confirm this if someone from your friend list gets banned, they disappear. Try adding them as someone to track that isn't a member, you get, "[GAMERTAG] is already on your friend list!"

Also, that person might still get site update e-mails. Which is kind of funny, too.
That's why I turn off all email notifications when joining a new site. Makes it easier to not have to block senders.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account