Found 27 posts - Go to Last Post

i am not sure how many of you are aware that we have a sales section located on GTN. This is going to be one of my jobs around the site to keep this page updated with any new game sales that come out. You can find it under Explore>Games and then $ Sales.

i am going to update these this afternoon and then weekly on Tuesdays, when Xbox.com post the sales. I am also working with Eric to try to find away to post this on the Welcome page, or somewhere where it can been seen a little easier. Right now, as Eric says "it is a bit hidden".
Thats good, glad there are links to buying them as well!
What is considered the welcome page? If you are a member you are always going to get this when you go to the home page.

http://www.gamertagnation.com/myaccount/
That is pretty much what i call the Welcome Page, since it had the Welcome Home, (User) on the top.
So this will cover all the weekly specials too? If so can we have some filters such as 'Weekly Gold Sale' 'DLC's' and 'Games with Gold' etc.?

What a about the possibility of providing links to these titles for members to download?

Is this a manual process job adding every sale?
So this will cover all the weekly specials too? If so can we have some filters such as 'Weekly Gold Sale' 'DLC's' and 'Games with Gold' etc.?

What a about the possibility of providing links to these titles for members to download?

Is this a manual process job adding every sale?
Originally Posted by dieselv2
the price in blue is the link
This is great, but is it possible to list any of the games that have a price drop, not just a sale? What about DLC on sale, will that also be listed?
Everything is telling me it's FREE but I know it's not haha

I'm in UK so it's all £....unless it's a currency parsing thing?

EDIT: I change my locale to America and prices displayed correctly with the right discounts.
Last edited 03-16-2016 at 10:20 PM by PJMC1986.
Everything is telling me it's FREE but I know it's not haha

I'm in UK so it's all £....unless it's a currency parsing thing?

EDIT: I change my locale to America and prices displayed correctly with the right discounts.
Looking into that. Must be an issue with the conversion rate.
Any ability to either implement or emulate what http://xbldb.com/current-deals does? To try and keep it from being manual.

No reason to do something manually that someone else is already doing.
Any ability to either implement or emulate what http://xbldb.com/current-deals does? To try and keep it from being manual.

No reason to do something manually that someone else is already doing.
Originally Posted by futiles
Thanks for sharing this link, I had no idea that was there.

Also, I fixed the issue with UK pricing. Sale prices should show up correctly now based on your Default Country/Region setting. This can be found here: http://www.gamertagnation.com/settin...#option-locale
Xbldb will give you 360 content price changes.
Storeparser will give you x1 content price changes.

These are the sites other sites seem to use to get the jump on Major Nelson's weekly announcement, or to find unannounced sales.
Xbldb will give you 360 content price changes.
Storeparser will give you x1 content price changes.

These are the sites other sites seem to use to get the jump on Major Nelson's weekly announcement, or to find unannounced sales.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Awesome, thanks for that. We'll have to leverage both sites for sales info. How reliable is their information?

BTW, you can now see what games are on sale from the Explore page, and if you're not signed in, it's on the homepage too.
Awesome, thanks for that. We'll have to leverage both sites for sales info. How reliable is their information?

BTW, you can now see what games are on sale from the Explore page, and if you're not signed in, it's on the homepage too.
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
pretty sure it's scraped from xbox..com, so pretty reliable. Usually has sales info up 4-12 hours or more before Major Nelson announces. I know xbldb keeps history on game prices. I've only recently found store parser, and haven't spent much time looking at it beyond every monday evening to start planning the week's spending.
Is this going to be just for xbox store? If so can we remove the filter and maybe have a games with gold section at the top this this weeks sales underneath.

Also how will store handle when there's 2 different prices ie 40% discount for silver while Gold get 50% off?
Is this going to be just for xbox store? If so can we remove the filter and maybe have a games with gold section at the top this this weeks sales underneath.

Also how will store handle when there's 2 different prices ie 40% discount for silver while Gold get 50% off?
I removed the platform filter since we're only listing Xbox One and Xbox 360 sales at the moment. It seemed unnecessary given the small amount of games that will be on here at any given time.

As of now, we don't have a way to show Silver prices when it's different than Gold. The prices you see only apply to Gold.
I removed the platform filter since we're only listing Xbox One and Xbox 360 sales at the moment. It seemed unnecessary given the small amount of games that will be on here at any given time.

As of now, we don't have a way to show Silver prices when it's different than Gold. The prices you see only apply to Gold.
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
Of course, this week you have 150+ titles on sale. But granted, that will be the exception.
Can we add a filter that separates One from 360, ya know, for us new-gen technophobes out there?

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account