Wish me luck, please?

General Chat

Found 32 posts - Go to Last Post

You got my back?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 7 (10.29%) Nope, you're a violent criminal.

× 20 (29.41%) Yep, it was obviously self defense.

× 41 (60.29%) Yay, a poll that I can vote in!

• Added 11-16-2015 01:25 PM
  • 68 votes
This morning, I am going to court to defend myself for defending myself ding a road rage incident a few months ago. Without being too specific, I was ultimately forced to discharge my firearm from an aggressive threat, and was eventually charged with reckless discharge of a firearm, since I was in a moving vehicle. I am accountable for that as a defensive action. I normally don't carry, I just had my firearm in the car - a beautiful 1917 Colt 1911. Anyways, I could face up to 2 years incarceration for this.

To further clarify, I was forced to protect myself, but in doing so, still committed a felonious offense. I take responsibility for that, but I don't think I warrants prison. There is a whole lot more to this story then I I can explain, including the fact that the other party has attacked me in the past, but this most recent time, I did not know who we was; he was wearing a helmet. Also, he works for a competing business in town that is struggling to stay open, where my business is not. Again, there is a whole lot to this a I will explain more details later.

Please, pray that the judge will recognize this situation as it is and be lenient. My family has suffered too much already.

Thanks guys.
Hope it works out for you...

If it doesn't turn out so good, you could still keep the gamerscore rolling
I hope your case goes well, unfortunately as you said, it comes down to the judge.
I got you, best of luck and give them hell.. good people don't deserve this type of treatment..
Violet Criminal
Originally Posted by Preludecris
Fixed that for him. Smile , Let's just chalk it up to nerves, but I'm not going to fix the rest of that stuff for him...lol.. he can do that when he get's back...
Fixed that for him. Smile , Let's just chalk it up to nerves, but I'm not going to fix the rest of that stuff for him...lol.. he can do that when he get's back...
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
well now my post is meaningless... Well I guess it already was...
Hope the best for you, stay strong he was harassing you in the past so hoping the judge sees the same, best of luck.
The biggest mistake that you can make is to defend yourself. It has been said that he who defends himself has a fool for a client.

I prosecute cases for the State of South Carolina. I have seen far too many instances of people who thought they knew what they were doing only to have it go horribly wrong.

I can't vote in your poll because I don't have all of the information necessary to form an opinion. However, I do wish you luck.
Thanks everyone for the support. It turned out well. I was headed to jail and at the last second, after the court heard my statement, the 'victim' recanted his statement and requested that the judge doesn't send me to jail. So, probation and fines, but at least I stay home with my family. I was totally accountable for the action I did that was a crime and was willing to accept penalty. We didn't even bring up the previous interaction, just mitigating evidence. So, good news, better than expected.
I had to vote no based on what you said, Porsche. You can't just go waving guns around, especially discharging them, without cause. Now I hope for all the best and I hope it was self defense and you are given leniency, but I'd be surprised if you got prison time over this. I trust (mostly) the courts, so when you do get through this, learn from it, move on with your life.

I'm rooting for you though.
The biggest mistake that you can make is to defend yourself. It has been said that he who defends himself has a fool for a client.

I prosecute cases for the State of South Carolina. I have seen far too many instances of people who thought they knew what they were doing only to have it go horribly wrong.

I can't vote in your poll because I don't have all of the information necessary to form an opinion. However, I do wish you luck.
Originally Posted by Streak Leader
you could've still voted, there was this option. - Yay, a poll that I can vote in!

Originally Posted by Streak Leader
And I have watched you lawyer the shit out of an unsuspecting waitress at an Applebee's!!!
Thanks everyone for the support. It turned out well. I was headed to jail and at the last second, after the court heard my statement, the 'victim' recanted his statement and requested that the judge doesn't send me to jail. So, probation and fines, but at least I stay home with my family. I was totally accountable for the action I did that was a crime and was willing to accept penalty. We didn't even bring up the previous interaction, just mitigating evidence. So, good news, better than expected.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Glad all went well today! The best defense is a smile.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
That's great news! I'm glad it worked out for you.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account