What does your gamertag mean?

Gaming Chat

As stated previously in a thread my gamertag use to be Chrome 30 and I changed it to Zombie In PJs. The reason is detailed at length below.

Chrome30 was the name of the flight that brought me back from my first tour in Iraq, so I picked that originally. Loved that flight for more reasons than one.

My new GT is a nod to my love of Zombies and I think the visual of a Zombie In PJs is quite funny. I love to see you were killed by Zombie In PJs when I am playing COD, BF4 etc...I imagine it might give someone else a laugh as well.

So, that's it. Pretty straight up.
Mine was really just a spur of the moment thing. My nickname is Buck, which came from a teammate referring to Buck Rogers (my last name) while we were playing pick-up hockey one night, and it just stuck. When I had to come up with a gamertag, I was trying to think of Buck...something, and for some reason Botswana popped into my head. Buckswana just sounded right, so I melded the two, and I really didn't give it a lot of thought at the time. It's been pointed out that it sounds like a variety of piñata...maybe a deer and a swan? Filled with candy...mmm...candy...
Mine was really just a spur of the moment thing. My nickname is Buck, which came from a teammate referring to Buck Rogers (my last name) while we were playing pick-up hockey one night, and it just stuck. When I had to come up with a gamertag, I was trying to think of Buck...something, and for some reason Botswana popped into my head. Buckswana just sounded right, so I melded the two, and I really didn't give it a lot of thought at the time. It's been pointed out that it sounds like a variety of piñata...maybe a deer and a swan? Filled with candy...mmm...candy...
Originally Posted by Buckswana
...but we have to break you to get that sweet sweet candy... after we mate you with another of your kind of course... so you're safe... ...for now
Named after one of my dear friends on xbox that passed away.
My gamertag is somewhere between a nickname and a running joke. I was that weird kid that no one would talk to but would always smile. Well that was before I turned cynical. But one day a couple of my friends decided that it would be funny to call me the Unknown Smiley and here we are today
My gamertag distinguishes the racist joke type of deal you see on shows like family guy where people look around to ensure no black guys are around. I am black myself and I made this my gamertag because if they said something like negro they'd be like no I meant my knee was growing dude I swear! Really though racist jokes don't bother me haha.
Not know sorry :-)
gamertag of DXU origins came from aol usernames after they allowed long usernames. because i was a fan of the faction DX in the wwf/wwe and because i am a huge university of utah utes fan i went with dgenerationxanutefan or something to that effect because i could never remember how i spelled it i shortened it to just theDXUtefan, theDXU or simply DXU
WolfWood: my personal favorite anime character
37: the original number of my favorite pokemon Vulpix.
When my wife and I played halo3 together everynight we both picked a Rob Zombie song we both like and took parts of the song for our GT. Hers was DeadLivingGirl and mine is Sentimentalnoos.
When my wife and I played halo3 together everynight we both picked a Rob Zombie song we both like and took parts of the song for our GT. Hers was DeadLivingGirl and mine is Sentimentalnoos.
Originally Posted by Twig
That's cool.
BFG means Break Fake Games, So basically I Break Fake Games On My Own. What is a fake game you said ? Games like Call of Duty 3, WaW, BO infinite spawns, Virtua Tennis 3, and there's more!

Also On My Own is my favorite song from Kid Ink.
BFG means Break Fake Games, So basically I Break Fake Games On My Own. What is a fake game you said ? Games like Call of Duty 3, WaW, BO infinite spawns, Virtua Tennis 3, and there's more!

Also On My Own is my favorite song from Kid Ink.
Originally Posted by BFG On My Own
Actually, after your explanation I still don't understand. I'm not disagreeing with you, but what makes those games 'fake'?
With a name like 'Break Fake Games On My Own' it can be interpreted several ways. One way people could misconstrue it is as you are calling yourself a hacker. Myself, when I see the letters BFG together I always think about Doom and the BFG 9000, which their abbreviation meant Big F.king Gun. So I just thought you were saying you yourself are the main badass weapon from Doom.

Mine is meaningful to me. I wanted to use The Plague Dog because I love the book The Plague Dogs by Richard Adams (author of Watership Down). The book is told thru the eyes of two dogs who escape a testing facility after having to endure multiple trials of torture. I relate to the book because I have Multiple Sclerosis, but for ten years doctors didn't believe anything was wrong with me, but they medicated me for all sorts of invisible illnesses. Now they do, only that most of the doctors I have seen think they can "fix" me if they perform enough unneeded procedures. This year I caught a bad infection in my right lung. I had to have tubes down my throat and I was out cold for a few days straight. When I awoke the doctors of this crappy hospital tried to work on me, they failed, and had to rush me to another hospital. There a surgeon cut my back wide open thinking he had to remove my lung. Instead he just drained some mucus that had gotten stuck. The solution could have been solved with medicine...There are certain things doctors should never tell patients. Now I rarely sleep. Thank God for video games.

TL;DR
Infected Stray = Plague Dog.
With a name like 'Break Fake Games On My Own' it can be interpreted several ways. One way people could misconstrue it is as you are calling yourself a hacker. Myself, when I see the letters BFG together I always think about Doom and the BFG 9000, which their abbreviation meant Big F.king Gun. So I just thought you were saying you yourself are the main badass weapon from Doom.

Mine is meaningful to me. I wanted to use The Plague Dog because I love the book The Plague Dogs by Richard Adams (author of Watership Down). The book is told thru the eyes of two dogs who escape a testing facility after having to endure multiple trials of torture. I relate to the book because I have Multiple Sclerosis, but for ten years doctors didn't believe anything was wrong with me, but they medicated me for all sorts of invisible illnesses. Now they do, only that most of the doctors I have seen think they can "fix" me if they perform enough unneeded procedures. This year I caught a bad infection in my right lung. I had to have tubes down my throat and I was out cold for a few days straight. When I awoke the doctors of this crappy hospital tried to work on me, they failed, and had to rush me to another hospital. There a surgeon cut my back wide open thinking he had to remove my lung. Instead he just drained some mucus that had gotten stuck. The solution could have been solved with medicine...There are certain things doctors should never tell patients. Now I rarely sleep. Thank God for video games.

TL;DR
Infected Stray = Plague Dog.
Originally Posted by Infected Stray
That's an awesome story, only part I wonder about is the "stray". I hope your family hasn't abandoned/disowned you. My son has CP and that boy is spoiled rotten.
Kaens, my parents were never really there. The entire time I was hurting, and trying to find what was wrong with me my mom treated me horribly. Then when test results came back that proved I was sick with MS the first thing I did was call my mom (like any good son would, right?). The first words out of her mouth were an apathetic "I'm sorry for never believing you."

Just this year my mom has tried to sabotage my marriage because my wife couldn't find work. My mom sent us over a grand throughout the year - my Dad retired a millionaire, I wouldn't know though - but when I wouldn't leave my wife of over ten years because our life was going downhill my mom cut me off and told me to never call her again. She thought she had paid her dues and could buy her son back. Now my wife has a job. She's going to be able to earn two grand a month, which is double what my mom has sent this year, or really my entire life. She plans on repaying my mom.. in penny rolls.

But yeah, Infected Stray works.

You're awesome for helping your son! Hopefully he lives with peace along with the CP. It's hard, but with the right support system anything is possible.
Sorry to hear that, but yeah, the name fits you perfectly!
Sorry to hear that, but yeah, the name fits you perfectly!
Originally Posted by Kaens
Thanks, but it's all good. I make do with what I have. I'd go crazy if it weren't for my wife and daughter.
Lan as in LAN. Ghost as in like the spooky spirit creature. Io as in the moon of Jupiter, which is my favorite moon in our solar system. It all came together when I was at a LAN party with a few friends playing Halo CE. I had brought a book on Io in case I got bored between games. Suddenly in the middle of a Team Slayer match on Blood Gulch a ghost came out of nowhere and began flinging things around the room. I lost my Io book in the craziness and so Langhostio was born.
Lan as in LAN. Ghost as in like the spooky spirit creature. Io as in the moon of Jupiter, which is my favorite moon in our solar system. It all came together when I was at a LAN party with a few friends playing Halo CE. I had brought a book on Io in case I got bored between games. Suddenly in the middle of a Team Slayer match on Blood Gulch a ghost came out of nowhere and began flinging things around the room. I lost my Io book in the craziness and so Langhostio was born.
Originally Posted by Langhostio
I'm guessing your profile picture is one of you when said ghost was wreaking havoc.

OT: My gamertag refers to my all-time favorite movie villain and the year I was born. The bonus of that is Return of the Jedi released in theaters that year, thus there was no better villain in movies that year.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account