Games for Windows Live adamantly refuses to die

Gaming Chat

Found 6 posts - Go to Last Post

Last year, reports suggested Games for Windows Live, a DRM suite for PC games, would be discontinued in early July.

In a statement issued to GameInformer, Microsoft said rumours of the service’s demise are greatly exaggerated.

“We are continuing to support the Games for Windows Live service,” the company said.

Great news, I can still hop into multiplayer with a friend and finish games.....
Having some idea of the sheer number of servers they have in their datacenters, keeping a small farm around to support this really is trivial for MS. The storefront is already closed, just leave a few servers up to support the existing games. Glad to hear they are still around because I get hyped to play these games, but I don't play them much.
So if I buy a GFWL, it's servers won't be going down? I can still get achievements past July 1st?
So if I buy a GFWL, it's servers won't be going down? I can still get achievements past July 1st?
Originally Posted by ULTIMATE leo129
If you can activate it. I do not know about all games, but Age of Empires Online was not allowing new users at one point.
I know that Fallout 3 has still been allowing new users; at least it was a couple of months ago when I had it.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account